Argus Americas Petroleum Coke Summit
The 10th annual Argus Americas Petroleum Coke Summit returns to Houston, 12-14 September 2018. Be part of the largest gathering of senior petroleum coke market participants at the start of the contracting season.
What's in store for 2018
- Future of US refining and impact to petroleum coke markets
- India's import demand for high sulphur coke
- China's demand for low sulphur anode grade coke
- New supplies emerging and shifting trade flow dynamics
- Crude dynamics affecting coke quality
...and much more! Stay tuned for exciting program announcements
- Network: Join more than 300+ participants from the domestic and international petroleum coke market
- Be where the refiners meet: Meet your supplier base in Houston at the start of the contracting season
- Market insight: Hear from top market experts and get the tools you need to make intelligent business decisions
- International attendance: Meet petroleum coke buyers from around the world representing 25+ countries
|Pre-registration (by July 13, 2018)
|Early registration (July 14, 2018 - August 10, 2018)
| Standard registration (After August 10, 2018)
| Onsite rate
For group rates please contact us at:
*Fees include participation in all sessions, conference luncheon/reception, coffee breaks, continental breakfast and one set of conference documentation per person. Travel and accommodation costs are not included.
Terms and Conditions
View the conference booking terms and conditions here.
Antitrust Compliance Reminder
Argus takes compliance with antitrust laws seriously. The purpose of the Argus Americas Petroleum Coke Summit is to provide a high-level update on changes taking place in the petroleum coke market including supply/demand fundamentals, transportation costs, sulphur regulations as well as understanding the complexities of global trade flows. The conference sessions will follow the agenda as circulated.
Argus reminds all participants of the need to be mindful of the requirement to comply with antitrust and competition laws. There should be no discussion of any matters relating to competition among participants, including discussion of individual prices, rates or market strategies and no exchange of information concerning any other competitive aspect of an individual company’s operation. Should any participant to this conference attempt to initiate a discussion with other participants on any of these matters, we recommend that other participants end the conversation immediately, and at all times act in accordance with their own antitrust compliance policies and all applicable laws.
Hotel Accommodation and Visa Application
Delegates are responsible for their hotel, travel and visa arrangements. Event room rates are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The organizers will not accept liability for non-approval of visas, individual transport delays and transport disruption. In such circumstances, our normal cancellation rules and penalties apply. Where matters beyond the reasonable control of the organizers impair or prevent the organizers from being able to perform any activities relating to this event, each delegate releases the organizers from any liability, relating to such events.
2018 speakers to be announced soon
If you are interested in speaking, contact
+ 1 713 360 7526
Pre-Conference: Future of Petroleum Coke
Wednesday, September 13
Module I: Resid Upgrading, Impact of New Technology
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Non-technical review of refinery operations
- Types of resid conversion processes
- Differences in petroleum coke produced
- Gathering coking intelligence from the outside
Module II: Feed Impacts, Coke Handling and Quality Prediction
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Petroleum coke production and quality impacts
- Property definition 101
- How properties are controlled
- Feed impacts
- Process conditions
- Coke handling
- Case studies of quality changes
- Using exterior signals for petroleum coke quality prediction
Add the pre-conference modules when you register.
- Full day, includes both Module I&II and lunch: $695
- Morning only Module I: $395
- Afternoon only Module II: $395
Speaker: Evan Hyde, Director of Field Services, Coking.com Inc.
Evan Hyde is the Director of Field Services for Coking.com Inc. Formerly he was president of Telaxe, a coker consulting firm. He previously was president of C2 Nano Technology where they researched surface treatments to combat fouling and corrosion issues in cokers and other petrochemical process units. He was a Senior Engineering Advisor for Becht Engineering Co., Inc. New Jersey. Evan has consulted on processing improvement and reliability initiatives for coking clients around the world. He also participated in onsite peer assessments of Coker Units at eight refineries which included improvements in maintenance work practices, process enhancements, and turnaround scope optimization.
Prior to joining Becht, Evan worked for ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, as a process engineer, with assignments in research, and troubleshooting for heavy oil upgrading equipment.
He holds a B.S. of Chemical Engineering from Pennsylvania State University.
One of Evan's current projects is the Coker Roadshow - a 2 year tour to visit and support every delayed coker in the USA and Canada.