|07:00 - 08:30
||Registration and Breakfast
|08:30 - 08:35
||Chairman's Opening Remarks
Nigel Tunna, Vice President, Business Development, Argus
|08:35 - 10:00
||An Update on the Global Rare Earths Market and the Impact on North America
- The impact of China’s consolidation of rare earths producers on supply dynamics: What is the outlook for global production through 2020? How has China’s crack-down on illegal production impacted global supply? Will rare earths prices continue to firm? What does this mean for rare earths projects outside of China?
- How can organizations best ensure that they are purchasing responsible and legally produced supply from China? What is the status of illegal rare earths processing and separation? Are government penalties and actions deterring illegal activity?
- The new US administration’s impact on global trade: How might the Trump administration impact trade dynamics with China and the world?
Mark Seddon, Senior Manager, Consulting, Metals, Argus
Feng Yun Guang, Rare Earths and Steel Industry Manager, China Chamber of Commerce of Metals Minerals and Chemical Importers and Exporters (CCCMC)
David Abraham, Author, The Elements of Power
|10:00 - 10:30
|10:30 - 11:00
||The North American Supply Situation
- There is no resource problem: Developing A U.S. based global resource & fully integrated value chain
Jim Kennedy, President, ThREE Consulting
|11:00 - 11:30
||How does the Defense Logistics Agency Analyze Rare Earths Requirements for Defense Applications?
- What is the current status of the DLA’s rare earths stockpile and research and development programs?
Brian Gabriel, Chief, Strategy Planning, DLA Strategic Materials
|11:30 - 12:00
||Global Trading Dynamics and Exports from China
- What is the outlook for rare earths exports from China? What regions and sectors are we seeing increased demand from?
Melvin Hill, Business Manager, Rare Earths, GE Chaplin
|12:00 - 13:30
|13:30 - 14:00
||Europe’s Rare Earths Market
- What is the future of rare earths demand from Europe? How much will the European automotive sector impact permanent magnet demand? What does Europe’s REE supply chain look like?
Nabeel Mancheri, PhD, Marie Currie Fellow, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Leiden University
|14:00 - 14:30
|| India’s Rare Earths Market
- The role of India’s rare earths production in the global market
Shri D, Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, Indian Rare Earths Ltd.
|14:30 - 15:00
||Permanent Magnets – Demand Trends, Applications and Technology
- Permanent magnet trends, applications and substitutes: In what sectors will see the most demand for permanent magnets?
Robert Wolf, Vice President, Alliance LLC
|15:00 - 15:30
|15:30 - 17:00
||New Rare Earths Production Sources
- Simple Mineralogy, High-Grade Mineral Concentrates, and the Ashram Rare Earth Project: Why simple mineralogy and the ability to process to a high-grade mineral concentrate are major factors for development
- By-product Monazite:Back to the future
- Developing one of North America’s most advanced rare earths projects: Innovation and improvements at the heavy rare earth-enriched Kipawa Deposit
Darren Smith, Project Manager, Ashram Rare Earth Deposit, Commerce Resources
Don Lay, CEO, Medallion Resources
Andre Gauthier, President, Matamec Explorations
| 17:00 - 19:00