|08:00 - 09:00
||Registration and Hot Breakfast
|09:00 - 09:05
||Chairperson's Welcome and Opening Remarks
Vice President, North American Refined Products
|09:05 – 09:40
||Day 1 Morning Keynote Presentation- A shipper’s perspective on the global residual bunker market: This presentation featuring a prominent figure from a major shipping line will discuss the global marine market up to, and through 2020. During this talk we will evaluate the global marine market as a whole and provide details on scrubber investments, anticipated LNG usage, and other details related to the enactment of the quickly approaching sulfur regulations. Join us in this keynote presentation to:
- Explore how one of the most well-known shipping lines is viewing the global marine market and what anticipated changes in supply and demand for bunker fuel should be expected going forward
- Assess how the bunker market is ramping up for the regulatory changes and analyze questions on compliance, enforcement, penalties and other unknowns
- Analyze key considerations for the global freight market including LNG, scrubbers and other new points of discussion
- Participate in our interactive Q&A segment and gain answers to your burning questions
Global Head of Trading
Maersk Oil Trading
|09:40 - 10:30
||Session 1: Bunker Market Outlook
US and Latin American bunkers supply and demand current trends: What are the overall impacts on pricing and supply and demand dynamics moving forward?
- US fuel oil and diesel supply, demand and pricing current trends
- Latin American fuel oil supply, demand and pricing current trends
- Argus marine fuel indexation and methodology
Marine Fuel and Fuel Oil Price Analyst
MARPOL compliance- A legal perspective on the IMO sulfur regulations: One year later with the dust beginning to settle, hear specifically how the sulfur regulations will impact the bottom of the barrel.
- Analyze the MARPOL regulations from a legal and environmental perspective
- Understand details on enforcement and exemptions
- Evaluate the landscape for exemptions and compliance standpoint
Environment & Natural Resources Partner
Ballard Spahr LLP
|10:30 - 11:00
|| Networking Break and Morning Refreshments
|11:00 - 12:30
||Session 2: Refiner Considerations
Likely MARPOL VI impacts on HSFO and crude oil: This talk will present an overview of the key issues, the current uncertainties and the risks for the crude markets following the new IMO regulations. Additionally we will analyze what Argus views to be the most likely scenarios that will affect many refiners and crude oil producers.
- Hear an overview of the challenges, the current worries and risks for the crude markets and fuel oil in light of the recent regs
- Analyze what Argus views to be the most likely scenarios going forward
- Understand how those scenarios will affect refiners and crude oil producers
Consulting – Americas
A five year outlook for fuel oil producing refiners: Given the upcoming regulatory environment what are the market expectations and anticipated demand for fuel oil moving forward?
- Analyze what forward thinking refiners are doing to prepare for the new low sulfur environment
- Assess coker investment and weigh the pros against the initial investment required
- Evaluate how this shift is continuing to sway refinery economic detail
VP - Market Intelligence
Drilling Info, Inc.
The 2020 sulfur regulations impact on the supply side: This presentation will look at how the MARPOL regulations are impacting refiners and the levels of demand for products. Explore the ramifications of this change and evaluate the market from a traders side of things.
- Understand how the IMO regulations will impact refiners
- Explore the shifts in demand post 2020
- Assess how this regulation will increasingly shake up the market
Division Director Oil Trading
Macquarie Capital Inc.
|12:30 - 12:35
||Chairperson's Day 1 Closing Comments and End of Day 1 General Sessions
Vice President, North American Refined Products
Afternoon Social Summit of Attendee's Choice:
- Networking luncheon at W South Beach
- Golf outing at the Miami Beach Golf Club ($155)
(Transportation and lunch provided: Bus departs at 12:45 for a 13:15 tee time. Pick-up and drop off at hotel lobby)
|14:00 - 16:30
||New for 2017- Afternoon Workshops- Technical Details, Regulatory Impacts and Market Implications for the Overlap between the Residual Fuel Oil and Asphalt Market
|14:00 - 15:00
||Workshop A: Technical issues for asphalt additives and Interactive Discussion: With the new MARPOL regulations outlined and set for implementation, how will refiners producing bottom of the barrel products view other, now more economically viable commodities and what will this mean for the asphalt and fuel oil markets specifically? In this workshop we will explore complex challenges around specifications, SB elastomers, trends in NAFTA and other hot topics. Additionally attendees will assess how to avoid quality issues within a variety in grades and the impact commonly utilized additives have on durability. Join us for this in depth technical workshop to:
- Understand chemical and composition issues for mixing and producing liquid asphalt
- Explore differences in additives and assess how that changes the molecular composition and durability for asphalt
- Assess what grades of asphalt will primarily be used going forward as well as the demand and availability expectations for corresponding crude slates
Asphalt Sourcing Alliance
|15:00 - 15:30
| Afternoon Networking Break
|15:30 - 16:30
||Workshop B: Exposure and profit in demurrage for fuel oil trading participants: This workshop presentation will discuss vital aspects for fuel oil shipments including handling, navigation, safety issues, regulatory compliance, and their overall effects on laytime and demurrage. Additionally there will be an emphasis on maximizing expenses and terms through contracting whether you are a power generator, trader or supplier.
- Assess strategies to optimize fuel oil shipments
- Explore best practices regarding handling, navigation, safety issues and regulatory compliance
- Understand how this call all impact laytime and demurrage
Haugen Consulting, LLC
|18:00 - 20:00
||Networking Summit and Cocktail Reception
- Maximize your networking at the conference at this beach front networking summit at the luxurious W South Beach at sunset. Food and beverages are included in conference registration.
- Join approximately 200 colleagues, newly made business contacts and other representatives of the fuel oil supply chain.