|07:30 - 09:00
Registration and Breakfast
|09:00 - 09:30
Keynote Session: Global Market Outlook for Gas and LNG
Marc Ruehs, Senior Account Manager - Latin America, Shell
|09:30 - 10:45
Session 1: LNG Around the World
An analysis of trends in the global LNG industry, including the impact of shale gas and other factors.
- LNG market outlook: How long will the current oversupplied market continue and what will it take to change it? Are the early 2020s the best estimate for when demand will pick up? What markets are likely to have the strongest demand in the coming years? Will demand continue to be lackluster in traditional Asian markets? What is the impact of nuclear power outlook in Japan and Korea? How will pipeline gas projects impact the LNG market?
- North America LNG export projects: How many projects will make an FID? Which are the most likely to materialize in the expected “second wave” of US LNG projects? Are US initiatives the cheapest and the best positioned in the continually changing market? How much LNG is being built in the US and how quickly will it come online? Will the introduction of Henry Hub-linked LNG change global dynamics? How do Canadian projects differ from the US ones?
- Falling oil prices and LNG: How important are oil prices to the LNG market? How does the global LNG market interact with local pipeline gas markets? What do regional gas market fundamentals mean to global LNG prices? Will US LNG kick-start an Atlantic basin spot market?
Trevor Sikorski, Head of Natural Gas, Coal and Carbon Research, Energy Aspects
Gregory Pilkinton, Commercial Director, Magnolia LNG
Matthew Monteverde, VP Commodity Markets, Argus Media
|10:45 - 11:15
||Networking Break and Morning Refreshments
|11:15 - 12:15
Session 2: The Future of LNG
What role will LNG play in Latin America's future fuel energy mix?
- Meeting Latin America’s energy demand in a sustainable way: why could LNG be vital to Latin America’s energy mix.
- Technology: An overview on the floating regas technology and what value innovation brings to the LNG containment systems and smart onboard monitoring tools. Can new technology unlock stranded reserves or offer importers new routes to market? What are the new opportunities in the market?
Matheus Amorim, Senior VP Business Development, Engie
Philippe Berterottière, CEO, GTT
|12:15 - 13:15
Session 3: Exports Panel Discussion
An interactive discussion with representatives of key producing regions on LNG markets and Latin America’s place in the global outlook.
Which new projects remain viable in the current pricing scenario? Are small-scale and floating LNG projects still a viable approach to sustain global supply? What will be the impact of a prolonged break in new project investments? Does Asia-Pacific liquefaction capacity have a role to play in supplying Latin America? Will we see a race to monetize gas reserves? How much US LNG might come to Latin America?
Anas Pradipta, Senior LNG & LPG Analyst, SKK Migas (Indonesia)
TBD, Nigeria LNG (Nigeria)
David Small, Senator, Parliament of Trinidad e Tobago (Trinidad & Tobago)
Edgard Ramirez, General Manager LNG, Latin America Energy (Peru)
Gregory Pilkinton, Commercial Director, Magnolia LNG (US)
Ajay Batra, Sr Vice President, Redwood Markets LLC
|13:15 - 15:15
15:15 - 17:00
Session 4: Brazil
Lower prices, major changes in gas regulations and the current political scenario have changed the way Brazil must do business. An overview on what is yet to come.
- Petrobras: How will the presence of new players in LNG regasification capacity impact the future of LNG in Brazil?
- Government input: Brasilia wants to adjust requirements for gas-based projects to participate in government-sponsored power auctions. A challenging requirement for project developers to sign long-term gas supply contracts for the duration of power purchase agreements (PPAs) is under review. What are the expectations concerning domestic production and how will that impact LNG imports?
- Regulatory framework: What are the incentives that ANP will use to keep foreign investors attracted to the Brazilian natural gas market? What are the new power-auction regulations?
- Opportunities for new players in Brazil: How are new market participants adapting to the low-price LNG market environment?
Alvaro Tupiassu, Natural Gas and LNG Trading - General Manager, Petrobras
Giovani Machado, Superintendent, EPE
Melissa Mathias, Regulatory Expert, ANP
Eduardo Maranhão, CEO, CELSE
| 17:00 - 19:00
| Evening Reception