Argus LiCoNi Investment 2018
Demand for the battery metals needed to power electric vehicles was hot in 2017, but the bull market may still be in its infancy.
The push for electric vehicles and cleaner energy sources is boosting demand for lithium, cobalt and nickel. Prices for battery metals — especially lithium and cobalt — increased dramatically in 2017. Will this trend continue in the near future, and for how long will it be sustained?
Argus LiCoNi Investment 2018 will be held in Singapore on 28 - 29 August. The event will provide a platform for stakeholders in the battery metals industry to meet and discuss upcoming trends and challenges as well as investment opportunities. High-level decision makers from mining companies and trading houses will meet with consumers from battery and electric car producers to share views about long-term sustainability.
- Is the battery metals sector facing oversupply, or will it be a struggle to meet demand?
- Sharp drops in available cobalt stocks hint at the existence of big hidden inventories. Should we be worried?
- New production of lithium, cobalt and nickel – what is due on stream and when?
- Recycling of Li-ion batteries – what influence will it have on supplies?
- Substitution – will high costs drive substitution efforts?
- The impact of the EV industry on supply and demand of battery metals
- How are big mining industry participants responding to this new trend of rising battery metals prices?
Delegate geographic breakdown
Who you will meet