View all Argus events
Bitumen trade and technology innovation
Discounted accommodation at Marina Bay Sands has sold out. We are happy to provide alternative accommodation options to registered delegates.
This year we have decided to go beyond the standard to offer delegates a dual-stream conference delivering up to date information on bitumen trade and technology innovation.
Ample supplies, weaker demand and volatility in crude prices have resulted a significant drop in paving grade bitumen prices since October 2015. The trade stream looks into the bright spots in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and how buyers and sellers are adjusting their commercial strategies to navigate through this new competitive landscape. The inaugural Vietnam Focus session aims to delve deeper into this geographically important and fast growing market with high demand for bitumen for construction of roads and highways.
Having the right grade of bitumen for flexible pavements is key to a high-quality road transportation infrastructure. The technology stream offers insights into the latest technical options available for refiners to enhance their production of bitumen to grade specification, as well as the current market trends and demand outlook for modified bitumen. Participants will learn about the most up-to-date developments in bitumen production, chemistry and specifications in this drive for innovation and durability.
Review 2014/2015 bitumen outlook for the Asia-Pacific and Middle East markets
Event at a Glance
With expanded coverage, you get more value from your conference experience. Book your place and leverage on this opportunity to meet a wider network of industry participants and broaden your business network.
What did you miss last year?
With more than 170 delegates from 25 countries in attendance, the 2015 conference was a key meeting place for bitumen professionals from around the world. The must-attend event offered all participants ample opportunities to network with other attendees and achieve their commercial objectives.
"The strong international appeal makes the Argus Asia-Pacific and Middle East Bitumen event unique throughout the industry, and is a key factor in its success," said Tomoko Hashimoto, Vice-President Argus Asia - Marketing & Conferences, adding that this year the exhibition saw an increase in exhibitors from the region.
- Abhishek Deshpande, Lead Energy Market Analyst, Natixis
- Jonathan Weston, Editor, Argus Bitumen, Argus
- M. D. Pawde, Head of Economic Planning & Optimization, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
- John B Matthews, Managing Director, Technix Industries
- Vo Dai Tu, Chief of Research & Development Department, BMT Construction Investment
- Wu Chunying, Deputy Chief Engineer, JSTI Group
- To Nam Toan, Director, Science Technology, Environment & International Cooperation Department, Directorate for Roads of VietNam
- Nguyen Thi Thu Trang, Bitumen Trading Manager, Tratimex
- Davood Vakili, Commercial Director, Binas Energy
- Rully R.A. Wibowo, Senior Trader, PT. Pertamina
- José Javier García Pardenilla, Managing Director of Ditecpesa Asphalt Products, Ferrovial
- Alex Hua, General Manager, Star Asphalt
- Aabha Gandhi, Asian Asphalt Editor, Argus
- Madi Hermadi, Head of Research Group, Buton Natural Asphalt (ASBUTON ) Research Group, Institute of Road Engineering, Agency for Research and Development, Indonesia’s Ministry of Public Works and Housing
- Sudhir Rao Hoshing, Joint Managing Director, IRB Infrastructure
- Frank de Haan, General Manager, Iver Ships B.V.
- Sunita Sharma, VP, Products, Asia, Argus
- Kym Neaylon, Pavement Engineering & Research Manager, Opus International Consultants
- Mike Corley, President, Mercatus Energy Advisors
Check out the speaker biographies here
For more information, please contact us:
+65 6496 9899