| CONSTRUCTION | POLICIES | PPP PROCESS AND ROAD FINANCING | DEMAND
Morning coffee and networking
Chairman’s opening remarks: Keyvan Hedvat, Editor, Europe/Africa Bitumen, Argus
REVIEWING NEW ROAD PROJECTS AND DEVELOPMENT INFRASTRUCTURE IN AFRICA
Keynote address: Kenya: Road building, rehabilitation and maintenance projects: Progress, future plans, implementation and impact on bitumen demand
Eng. Jacob Ruwa, Executive Director, Kenya Roads Board
||Morning coffee and networking
SUPPLY AND DEMAND DYNAMICS: BITUMEN AND ASPHALT PRODUCERS STRATEGIES
||Uncertainties within the oil markets and for bitumen
Laurent Sourlin, Africa Bitumen Manager, Shell
||Assessing bitumen/asphalt supply in east Africa
- Taking an in-depth look at trends across the region to identify new business opportunities
- Exploring consistent long-term supply of quality bitumen and asphalt: Who are your competitors of tomorrow and what do you need to do to win?
Hossein Goudarzi, General Manager, Jey oil Africa
|| Networking lunch
||Guest Keynote Presentation: Delivering safe and sustainable road infrastructure in Africa: Winning strategies from a leading contraction and civil engineering company
- Preparing and implementing best in class bankable and profitable PPP projects: Proper project preparation and extensive due diligence
- What are the means of ensuring that road infrastructure spending is both efficient and effective in Africa?
Andrew Patterson, Regional President, Africa, Bechtel
||PPP process: Reviewing the need to include the private sector to ensure implementation and execution of road, highway and corridor projects in East Africa?
- Discussing the latest developments in the African PPP market and how PPP can be used for the development of safe and sustainable roads across Africa
- Navigating the legal and contractual requirements for large-scale PPP projects in East Africa?
- Understanding the investor mindset: the need for PPP funding of regional road infrastructure, optimal models and risk allocation between public and private counterparties, success factors to accelerate the use of PPPs.
- Brigette Baillie, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills South Africa
- Ed Stumpf, Investment Director, African Infrastructure Investment Managers
||Afternoon coffee and networking
||Panel discussion: Delivering safe and sustainable road infrastructure in Africa: Winning strategies from leading road construction companies and road agencies
- Seth Herung, Acting CEO, Namibia Contractor Company (RCC)
- Andrew Patterson, Regional President, Africa, Bechtel
- Eng. Jacob Ruwa, Executive Director, Kenya Roads Board
|| Close of conference day one
||Networking Party: Connect and Meet with business leaders from infrastructure groups, bitumen and asphalt suppliers, and project owners.
Enjoy our networking party attracting senior representatives of the industry, where African industry leaders rub shoulders with global players.