Building strategic partnerships for the development of the region's road industry
Officially endorsed by:
Read the endorsement letter here
Argus West Africa Roads took place in Accra on 28-30 November 2017 and brought together key stakeholders from leading construction, bitumen and asphalt companies. You could have the chance to explore infrastructure developments across the region, export opportunities, the financial landscape and the investment into new technologies.
You could be able to meet and network with some of the leading organisations in the region, including:
- Ministry of Roads and Highways, Ghana
- Group Five
- Groupe Kanazoe
- SimpriCity Construction
- Core Construction
- VINCI Construction
- Gomesdyco Company
- A Naggesten Ltd
- Dobeck Enterprises Limited
- National Petroleum Authority, Ghana
Download our speaker interviews: Shell CBOD Ghana and African Development Bank
- We focused on the key challenges and pain points of the construction companies. Group Five, Groupe Kanazoe and VINCI Construction discussed their road projects and business strategies for 2018
- New specifications in Ghana were changing the bitumen and asphalt landscape and there was a new wave of technical advancements. The Technical Focus Day was dedicated to new investments and advancements in polymer-modified bitumen (PMB) and emulsions. Road authorities and regulators spoke on improving quality, and the impact on the asphalt industry
- You could join the international and west African community currently working in Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso and the Ivory Coast and understand their investment strategies that were aiding road development. The event helped to identify the changing supply and demand landscape, growth regions and business opportunities
- The conference gave a unique opportunity to network with senior officials and build partnerships with key stakeholders investing in the bitumen and asphalt industries in west Africa. Our varied networking events throughout the three days, including workshops, roundtables, and networking sessions, allowed the delegates to build important and valuable business relationships
Photo gallery - Argus Africa Bitumen and Road events
View more photos from previous Argus Africa bitumen and road events
"Excellent way to monitor progress and innovation... Perfect networking opportunities."
Gary Diepraam, Specialities Manager, Total South Africa
“An important industry event because it will avail participants with new and upcoming products and technological advancements. Participants will be able to understand the benefits of bituminising roads in terms of life cost analysis over a period of time.”
Joey Malota, Programmes Officer, Association of Southern African National Road Agencies (ASANRA)
"This conference was a wonderful networking opportunity. The presentations were relevant and very interesting."
, Operations Director, Asphaltos
"The conference was very informative and necessary for future planning for both buyers, producers and traders of bitumen in the continent"
Mirriam Mosia, Project Manager (Engineering), The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL)
Argus is the global leader in international asphalt pricing information. This event is part of a global series, with Argus bitumen/asphalt events also being held in Europe, Asia and the US.
For more information, please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7780 4341