Morning coffee and networking
Chairperson's opening remarks
IMPROVING THE EFFICIENCY OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN
Panel discussion: Reviewing the main challenges across the supply chain and finding ways to mitigate them
- What are the main risks involved in contracts and legalities?
- How is a lack of focus surrounding budgets impacting supply planning?
- How can companies work more closely?
- Meeting requirements for regional compliance
- How can suppliers work more efficiently with ports?
James Gooder, Vice President, Crude, Argus
Mustapha Fasinro, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Linetrale Petroleum
Ronnie Muthusamy, Commercial Director, Engen
Senyo Kwasi Hosi, Chief Executive Officer, CBOD Ghana
Keyvan Hedvat, Editor, Bitumen, Argus
EXPLORING THE SHIPPING AND STORAGE LANDSCAPE
||Infrastructure developments at TEMA Port: Building a new bitumen plant
Ben Torkornoo, Head of Operations, Ghana Oil Company Ltd (GOIL)
- Exploring development for a new bitumen plant: how it will fit in the supply chain
- Improving security of bitumen supply into Ghana and export opportunities
- Investing in technologies for the ability to store cold bitumen
- Timelines: when the project will come on-line and next steps
Exploring the shipping landscape and vessel availability
- Understanding the current shipping landscape and where supply is coming from
- Who are the new shipping players in the market and how will they impact supply?
- Assessing the different types of cargo that are suitable for west African demand
- How can companies cut shipping and vessel costs?
- Exploring the need for storage facilities to cut transport costs
||Morning coffee and networking
Understanding the new framework and guidelines for importing bitumen into Ghana to improve the structure across the supply chain
- How will the changes affect bitumen importers?
- Identifying changes to requirements and licences for imports
- How will the new framework improve efficiency in the supply chain?
- Assessing who needs the new licences and how they will be regulated
Mr. Alhassan S. Tampuli, Chief Executive Officer, National Petroleum Authority (NPA)
EXPLORING THE FINANCIAL LANDSCAPE AND WHERE FUNDING IS COMING FROM
||Overcoming the challenges of financing with PPP projects
Aminu Alhassan, Country Manager, Ghana, Group Five
- Exploring future road construction projects in Ghana
- Understanding the benefits of PPP projects for construction companies
- Working closely with governments and financial institutions
- Case study: Group Five experience with funding projects in west Africa
||Identifying opportunities for fudning road construction projects to create economic prosperity
Mam Tut Wadda, Principal Transport Engineer, African Development Bank
- Exploring the current financial landscape
- Assessing the viability of a project for funding and what is needed
- How can PPP projects accelerate economic growth in west Africa?
- Understanding the benefits of PPP in improving payment security
||Panel discussion: Assessing available funding for road construction projects
- Exploring the financial landscape for the road industry
- Solving the fiscal challenges for investors through tolling arrangements
- Using PPPs as a solution to provide quality roads that are made to last
- Identifying what funding is available
- Overcoming fiscal and liquidity issues
- Case studies: Successful funding projects in west Africa
Oliver Andrews, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Africa Finance Corporation
Anthony Mensah, Group Head, Corporate Banking, Access Bank Ghana Limited
||Chairperson's closing remarks
||Close of conference