Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves
An Argus risk data service, published daily
The Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves service provides a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions.
This service complements Argus’ existing in-depth coverage of global NGL markets. Argus price assessments for NGLs offers users a way to index their physical and financial contracts.
Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves are derived from Argus’ daily physical NGL market data. Argus also uses proprietary models and algorithms that include CME NYMEX futures contracts to set the forward curve values.
Argus covers 20 major NGL’s in North America at major North American hubs including; Mont Belvieu, Sarnia, Conway, Edmonton. Argus includes three futures contracts: CME’s, Henry Hub (NG) Natural Gas, (CL) Light Sweet Crude oil (WTI) and RBOB Gasoline (RB) Futures Contracts.
Argus Volume-Weighted Average Methodology
- Helps minimize price risk. It reduces the impact of deals transacted at a market extreme or at an illiquid moment
- Ensures price integrity. No specific deal or pair of deals can set the price
- Provides transparency. A comprehensive deals done table is published with the volume-weighted average price
- Brings the world's best pricing practices into the NGL sector. This methodology has been widely endorsed by US crude and natural gas markets
- Forward curve validation
- Mark-to-market accounting
- Deal valuation
- Potential future exposure
- Scenario analyses
- Valuing option premiums
- Daily assessments for 20 NGL markets
- Data includes prompt year and three-years forward
- Time-stamped at 2:30 p.m. EST, in alignment with the daily NYMEX settlement
- Basis differentials to CME Nymex Henry Hub (NG)
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options include: Email, FTP data feed and third party delivery partners
Derived from our deep-well of data including:
- Swaps market data from market participants
- Futures settlement prices
- Physical transactions
- Argus price assessments and physical market indices
- Previous trading days’ swap curve value
Argus NGL Americas subscribers gain access to analytical market spreads, processing margins and inventory data, as well as transparent price discovery with a comprehensive confirmed deals table.
Our subscribers include producers, petrochemical companies, traders, brokers, risk managers, planners, analysts, finance officers, senior executives, governments, national oil companies, banks, regulators, railroads, natural gas companies and exchanges.
Learn more about the Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves methodology
Contact your local office