The Argus (formerly DeWitt) Benzene Annual has provided an accurate update of the state of the global benzene market each year for the past 44 years, including a forward view of demand growth and new capacity.
The study provides a strategic summary and outlook for the global benzene market, covering production and consumption capacities down to individual plant level and inter-regional product flows. In line with the growth in the market, the scope of the study has expanded to include an extensive technology section, as well as a full list of producing and consuming units and supply-demand balances by country and region.
Benzene market balances are changing constantly and pricing is volatile. The Argus Benzene Annual helps you to:
- Identify trends in production and consumption
- Understand cost and price drivers
- Assess developments in product balances
- Estimate regional and inter-regional product flows
- Compare competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Develop strategies to exploit opportunities while limiting risk
"In 1973, global capacity and production were 17mn t and 14.7mn t, respectively, with 68pc of production originating from North America and western Europe. Asia-Pacific accounted for only 16pc of production, of which 90pc was in Japan. The Middle East barely registered as a producing region. By 2016, global production had grown to almost 45mn t, of which more than 55pc was in Asia-Pacific. In contrast, the share of production provided by North America and western Europe had fallen to 30pc..."
Find out more by downloading the brochure and table of contents
Data & Downloads
This service also features downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format, available only in Argus Direct.
- 2017 World Benzene Balances, with individual data sets for Western Europe / Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia / North America / Latin America / South and Southeast Asia / Northeast Asia / Africa and the Middle East
- 2017 Benzene Annual Company Balances: Benzene production and consumption capacity by site and company
- 2017 Benzene Annual Capacities: Capacity listing for the period 2012 to 2026 for benzene, its first-line derivatives as well as styrene
Argus Consulting Services
Argus Consulting Services offers tailor-made research to clients seeking the highest quality data, analysis, insight and commentary on international petrochemical and energy markets. Argus Consulting Services has a wealth of knowledge and experience, with all our staff members having an extensive background within all aspects of the petrochemical market.
Read more about our petrochemical experts
Find out more about Argus Consulting Services