Oleochemicals prices, forecasts and analysis
Argus’ oleochemicals services give you in-depth global and regional pricing insight, including feedstock analysis, in single, concise and integrated reports.
You get access to pricing, global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a bi-weekly basis. You’ll also get up to date trade flow coverage.
Argus covers the entire energy and commodities supply chain, feeding insight from its biofuels, agriculture and energy teams into its coverage of oleochemicals to provide you with a full picture.
ARGUS Fatty Acids
Pricing, global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a bi-weekly basis. Coverage includes vegetable fatty acids for China, Southeast Asia and tallow and vegetable fatty acids pricing for North America, plus up-to-date trade flow coverage.
ARGUS Fatty Alcohols
Pricing, global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a bi-weekly basis. Coverage includes Asia, USA, Mexico, and China, plus prices for synthetic and natural alcohols and trade flow coverage.
Pricing, global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a bi-weekly basis, Coverage includes crude and refined glycerine, vegetable and tallow refined glycerine, technical, pharmaceutical and crude grades for South America, North America, Europe, China and Asia. Plus up to date trade flow coverage.
ARGUS Pine Chemicals
Pricing, global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a monthly basis. Coverage includes pine oleoresin, gum rosin, gum turpentine, rosin esters and C5 hydrocarbon resins in China. For the Americas it covers tall oil fatty acid (TOFA), crude tall oil (CTO), C18:1 oleic acids, Brazil pine oleoresin, gum rosin and gum turpentine. Plus up to date trade flow coverage.
Key customer benefits
- Global coverage in a single report: Get a consistent global perspective of supply and demand that affects your bottom line
- Concise analysis: Understand causes for recent market developments through easy-to-read charts, tables and expert insight
- Linkages to key feedstocks: Don’t just focus on one commodity in isolation, see how feedstocks play a role in your business
- Establish a fair and representative market price for contract negotiations and shore up contracts to avoid renegotiation or default
- Maintain security of supply
- Improve operational control and reduce costs
- Evaluate arbitrages and risks
- Assess whether alternative strategies offer greater margins
- Search for alternate sources of material or product substitutions
- Confirm news about the market, supply, participants and dynamics
- Monitor trade flows, shippers, ports and volume with a 5-day lag using our ground-breaking Trade Monitor bill of lading analysis (add-on)
- Expertise you can trust: Rely on experienced and respected Argus experts to help you stay competitive in the global market
- Bi-weekly coverage of global fatty acids, fatty alcohols and glycerine markets, monthly coverage of global pine chemicals markets
- Global and regional pricing insight
- Contract and spot prices
- Extensive feedstock analysis
- Trade, legislative and market trend analysis
- Information on oleochemical plants located around the world
Global markets covered
- Fatty acids, vegetable fatty acids, and tallow fatty acids
- Fatty alcohols, synthetic alcohols, and natural alcohols
- Crude glycerine, refined glycerine, vegetable and tallow refined glycerine, and refined pharmaceutical glycerine
- Tropical oils
- Pine oleoresin
- Gum rosin and gum turpentine
- Rosin esters
- C5 hydrocarbon resins
- Tall oil fatty acid (TOFA)
- Crude tall oil (CTO)
- C18:1 oleic acids
Customers that benefit
- Commercial Managers: optimise brand awareness and business value with a go-to-market strategy using in-depth insight to better evaluate product pricing, margins, feedstock and delivery costs
- Analysts: get an in-depth global and regional view on pricing insight including feedstock analysis
- Procurement: reduce your costs, ensure security of supply, and confidently forecast short- and long-term price trends
- Traders: identify arbitrage and trade opportunities with regional analysis, independent price data, expert market insight and a complete view across the supply chain
Our oleochemicals experts
Leela Landress Perez
Global Editor, Argus Media
Leela is responsible for oleochemicals and pine chemicals. She has 20 years’ experience working for well-respected media companies in the US and Europe, including Gannett, BusinessWeek and Bloomberg. Leela also cofounded Oleochem Analytics, which was the only market intelligence agency focused solely on renewable chemicals before being acquired by Argus. She is regularly cited in the European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology and other scientific and research journals.
VP, Data Science, Argus Media
Carlos brings over a decade of analytical experience in the financial sector, having worked at investment banks, private equity funds, and wealth advisory firms. He is responsible for the extensive data & analytics offerings, as well as the Trade Monitor.
Learn more about Argus Consulting Services
Argus Consulting Services builds on our key strengths – commodity markets expertise, international networks and trusted data – to help our clients better realise opportunities. Learn more about what our global team can do to offer you the highest-quality analysis for whatever your business needs. Find out more
Request more information