ARGUS/IHS McCloskey's Coking Coal Price Index
The Argus/IHS McCloskey's Coking Coal Price Index service provides coking coal prices and historical trend data for two key indexes representing coal exported from Australia and two indexes for coal delivered to China.
These indexes are trusted and used by coal professionals around the globe, with more than 90pc of the world’s traded coal derivatives using the API 2 and API 4 indexes.
- API C1 index: Represents premium hard, low-volatile coking coal exported from Australia. It is an average of the Argus fob Australia coking coal and the IHS McCloskey Australian prime hard coking coal fob marker assessments.
- API C2 index: Represents mid-volatile coking coal exported from the east coast of Australia. It is an average of the Argus fob Australia mid-volatile coking coal and IHS McCloskey mid-volatile coking coal fob marker assessments.
- API C8 index: Represents premium hard, low-volatile coking coal delivered to China. It is an average of the Argus cfr north China and IHS McCloskey cfr China assessments for prime hard coking coal.
- API C9 index: Represents mid-volatile coking coal delivered to north China. It is an average of the Argus cfr north China coking coal and IHS McCloskey mid-volatile coking coal cfr China assessments.
- Daily prices for all indexes
- Weekly average prices for all indexes
- Historical trend data for all indexes
- Weekly price report delivered to your inbox
- Independent, transparent and trusted methodology
Customers that benefit
The Argus/IHS McCloskey’s Coking Coal Price Index service is the single source for the key indexes that shape the international coal business. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders involved in the buying and selling of coal use the prices as accurate and impartial references when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Mining companies looking for financing use our data and prices when creating the next stage of their business plans.
Request more information