ARGUS/McCloskey's Coal Price Index Service
The Argus/McCloskey’s Coal Price Index Report is your trusted source for API prices.
This service provides reliable, accurate index prices and historical data for international physical and derivative coal markets.
These indexes are trusted and used by coal professionals around the globe, with more than 85pc of the world’s traded coal derivatives using the API 2 and API 4 indexes.
- Northwest Europe: API 2
- South Africa: API 3, API 4 & API 4 differentials
- Australia: API 5, API 6
- South China: API 8
- Colombia: API 10
- India: API 12
- API 2: The industry standard reference price for coal imported into northwest Europe
- API 4: The price for NAR 6,000 kcal/kg coal exported from Richards Bay, South Africa
- API 4 differentials: The differential at which the NAR 5,700 kcal/kg, NAR 5,500 kcal/kg and NAR 4,800 kcal/kg grades of coal trade versus API 4
- API 5: The price of NAR 5,500 kcal/kg, high-ash coal exported from Australia
- API 6: The price of NAR 6,000 kcal/kg coal exported from Australia
- API 8: The price of NAR 5,500 kcal/kg coal delivered to south China
- API 12: The price of NAR 5,500 kcal/kg coal delivered to east India
- Weekly average prices for all indexes
- Monthly prices for all indexes
- Daily prices for API 2, API 4 indexes
- Monthly trends for API 2, API 4 indexes
- Weekly price report delivered to your inbox
Customers that benefit
The Argus/McCloskey's Coal Price Index Service product is the single source for the key indexes that shape the international coal business. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders involved in the buying and selling of coal use Argus/McCloskey’s Coal Price Index prices as accurate and impartial references when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Mining companies looking for financing use Argus/McCloskey’s Coal Price Index for market data and prices when creating the next stage of their business plans.