Clearly the events of 2020 will stay in the memory for a long time, and their consequences may lead to significant shifts in the global and regional economies. The petrochemical industry is no exception: the first half of 2020 revealed a series of trends, which, if developed, could dramatically affect the industry landscape and its prospects.
Among the pending questions are: How quickly will petrochemical products demand rebound? Have all the market participants coped with changes in supply chains? Are there any business areas which managed to benefit from the Covid-19 pandemic, and will they be able to sustain their success?
Our conference will be a platform for discussion of the petrochemical industry’s preliminary results for 2020. The event will offer access to the most up-to-date forecasts for future development. Our experts will discuss in detail the factors which will determine the state of industry in the context of the “new normal”.
Topics for discussion:
- The current state of and prospects for petrochemical industry development in the world and the CIS. A quick response to the new reality;
- The feedstock potential of the Russian petrochemical industry. Structure of future supply chains. Key tasks and challenges facing the industry in the period of pandemic;
- The impact of coronavirus on CIS petrochemical projects: shutting down or time for opportunities?
- The situation in export markets: polyolefins, methanol, rubbers, aromatic hydrocarbons and high-octane components;
- Digitalisation of trading operations: examples of cybersecurity. Solutions for supply chain optimisation;
- Investment attractiveness of industry projects and project financing issues;
- Sustainable development of the petrochemical industry: climate change, environmental protection, and health and safety.
Details of participation opportunities can be found here.