Welcome to the Argus Storage Hub! What issues are you currently trying to solve?
How can I optimise the performance of my exisiting terminal assets?
StrategyWhere are the risks & opportunities? How should we be investing to support the future market?
TransitionHow and when will the Energy Transition impact global markets?
DecarbonisationHow can we de-carbonise our own operations?
The Energy and Commodity markets are constantly evolving, and are now going through unprecedented levels of change. Supply and demand volatility and geo-political disruption, in the near term, through to longer term shifts in global and regional market dynamics. With limited internal market intelligence resource, it is difficult to keep pace with this change, identify and analyse risks and opportunities, and to ensure the organisation avoids missed opportunities and unfounded decisions.
Storage terminals provide a vital role in the supply chain, ensuring markets find their balance in the most price efficient way. Against this backdrop of change they are faced with increasing challenges of how they optimise performance of existing assets, build strategies and invest for future growth, as well as navigate the substantive change ahead, driven by global Energy Transition goals.
Argus supports Storage companies through these challenges by providing our trusted and independent data, analysis and expertise to help businesses like you to make informed and objective business decisions.
Some of the markets we cover
BiofuelsArgus biofuels coverage includes price assessments and key insights into regional biodiesel, ethanol, and feedstock markets, along with updates on changing legislation, long-term market fundamentals and the latest market-moving news.
HydrogenHydrogen plays a core role in the trajectory to a carbon-neutral world, and the Argus hydrogen and future fuels service can help you navigate your net zero transition more efficiently.
Green AmmoniaAmmonia, traditionally produced almost exclusively for its nitrogen content, has the potential to be the most cost-effective and practical ‘zero-carbon’ energy carrier in the form of hydrogen to the energy and fuels sectors.
ChemicalsInternational trade of chemicals is dynamic and complex. Do you know the risks involved and what to look out for now and in the future to ensure your business evolves with the market?
FertilizersArgus produces essential services and reports that provide dedicated analysis of NPKs, Ammonia, Nitrogen, Phosphates and more in specific countries or regions – as well as the exciting specialty fertilizers market.
Natural Gas/LNGWhether you’re after key gas prices and indexes, expert commentary on the latest industry developments, or market data to aid your business planning, we give you the information you need and the expert view to understand it.
Crude OilArgus crude oil pricing has been entrenched in the world’s global markets since 1979. Our key crude prices, including WTI Houston, WTI Midland, LLS and Mars are used extensively as the settlement basis for exchange-traded derivatives.
LPGArgus is your essential source of market-leading price assessments, news, analysis, fundamentals data and price forecasting for the global LPG and NGL markets, including an annual LPG Storage report developed with storage terminal operators worldwide.
Optimise: Argus insights empower crude storage client to bring dynamic pricing into their operations
A client with a significant crude storage asset, required support in negotiations with a client, a major trading firm, to introduce a dynamic pricing element to its storage rates.
Argus were able to empower constructive negotiations, by providing key insights focusing on:
- The Storage market, including a comparison of storage rates across regions and the interaction between a site’s attractiveness and what a customer will pay
- An overview of crude pricing between regions, defining contango and backwardation and providing a price forecast to 2030
- An analysis of how the crude and storage markets effect each other, including how futures markets and storage levels and rates interact
- Analysis to support the client’s interaction, including the justification for dynamic pricing, defining contango conditions, calculating the breakeven cost and the impact of setting different levels of price ceiling
Strategise: Argus analytics enable medium-term strategic planning for independent storage client
A key global player in the independent storage market needed to better understand the potential for exports from its coal terminal/handling facilities in the US, so it could develop medium-term operational plans and investment strategy.
Argus brought its international coal market experts and analytics to support the strategic decision making around the asset providing:
- a comprehensive future outlook for the global coal market
- a view on how demand for US coal was expected to change
- an assessment of the comparative economics for US production basins relative to other sources of exports
Transition: Argus builds out market intelligence hub for independent tank terminal operator
An independent operator of tank terminals for oil, gases and chemicals globally, was seeking independent market data, and analysis on selected biofuels to support its internal market intelligence function. The objective was to link the high-level supply and demand outlook for these products to a detailed view of trade flows within ARA and how trade flows and storage requirements may evolve in the future in order to support its mid-term strategy and related investment analysis.
Argus’ expertise Consulting provided the client with analysis for bio-feedstocks, biodiesel, renewable diesel, SAF & cellulosic ethanol) including:
- Overview of the global fundamentals and major changes in the market
- Supply-demand balances for western Europe and key countries
- Trade flow analysis for key countries
- Overview of terminals, estimated throughput by terminal and mode of transportation in ARA
- Storage market outlook in ARA and key changes in infrastructure and trade flows
- Opportunity analysis and product attractiveness for strategy definition