The global methanol industry has performed well in recent years and continues to grow at or above GDP-type performance. This has sparked much interest in restarting idled capacity, relocating existing facilities to more abundant natural gas supplies, and/or building new methanol capacity to meet fuel demand and more.
But what risks are involved, and how will you know what to look out for now and in the future?
With more than 100 combined years of global petrochemical experience, including more than 50 years directly in the methanol consulting space, Argus’ experts will help you determine what trends to track and how to stay competitive in today’s ever-changing global markets.
Methanol insights around the globe
Argus Global Methanol DemandArgus’ comprehensive global methanol demand flow chart is your go-to resource to see how the market trended in 2018.
Methanol as FuelDid you know almost 50pc of China's methanol demand goes into fuel applications? See a breakdown of its uses.
Methanol to OlefinsJust how important is methanol-to-olefins (MTO/MTP)? Argus tracks weekly operating rates.
Improve your understanding of the methanol market and devise strategies for success with tailor-made research performed by Argus’ in-house methanol experts. Read more below.
ARGUS Methanol Consulting Services
Improve your understanding of the methanol market and devise strategies for success with tailor-made research performed by Argus’ in-house methanol experts.
- Obtain independent insights: The Argus Consulting Services team builds from the latest market data to provide unique insight.
- Get local and global perspectives: We provide “boots on the ground” knowledge gathered through our extensive local and global network of more than 75 dedicated consultants with experience across multiple industry sectors.
- Utilise our end-to-end viewpoints: Our consultants track feedstocks (such as gas, naphtha) and all key derivative products so that you have a completely integrated view of how your business fits into the marketplace.
- Data you can trust: Our forecasts are based on our comprehensive database of historical and current information and our daily engagement in the market. We do not purchase data, so our short- to long-term forecasts are more solid and dependable and are essential for quantifying investment risk for you.
- See scenario-based forecasts: We present you with scenario-based forecasts for supply, demand and market prices so that investors can evaluate returns based on different potential future market directions. You also get to choose scenarios that you believe are most likely to occur.
- Find the answers you are looking for: Argus consultants advise you on how to formulate your strategies whenever and wherever you need it.
Key customisable features
- Market studies
- Price analysis and forecasting
- Supply, infrastructure and logistics strategy
- Investment and transaction support
- Policy and regulation
Global markets covered
- Acetic acid
- Gasoline blending
- Methyl methacrylate
- Solvent applications
Customers that benefit
- Government agencies/regulatory bodies
- Professional services
- Investors/private equity
- Trading organisations/financial services