ARGUS Rail Business
The Argus Rail Business service is your single, reliable source of weekly US and Canadian rail industry business intelligence. It combines high-value data and analytics, intelligent market analysis and key freight data on industry performance and price benchmarking.
This comprehensive service delivers in-depth policy and regulatory news, business-critical freight rate data for commodity shippers and performance benchmarking for every Class 1 railroad, providing insight on the seven largest railroads in North America.
- Refined products
- Natural gas and NGLs
- Coal and coal products
- Biomass and forest products
- Agricultural products
- Key freight rate and commodities pricing data to benchmark rate performance
- News and analysis on rail industry trends, policy and regulation to keep up to date on the latest regulatory developments in Washington, DC
- Quarterly commodities statistics data and analysis to stay abreast of rate and volume trends
- Railroad performance metrics
- Waybill analysis of specific moves by commodity
- Unique insights on rail from respected thought leaders in the industry
Customers that benefit
Anyone with exposure to US railroad performance, freight rates and regulation will find our intelligence essential. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Railroads gain insight into commodity-specific products across the industry and know how their rates compare with their competitors.
- Commodity shippers see how others are faring and benchmark their rates and volume trends against other commodities and other shippers moving the same product.
- Transportation companies track what is happening across the fence in other modes and at other companies to benchmark their own performance.
- Logistics managers keep up with the latest developments in operations, regulation and technology to better position their companies for success with the railroads and their regulators.