The Argus Africa Fertilizer Awards
Celebrating achievement in the fertilizer sector
During a challenging year, the African fertilizer market has proven to be resilient and responded to the global pandemic in a way that has helped to minimise the impact on the supply chain and access to fertilizers.
Alongside the Africa Fertilizer Live virtual conference Argus are delighted to launch the first Africa Fertilizer Awards to recognise outstanding achievements and contributions to the sector and the people that work in it.
We are excited to reveal the winners for the Argus Africa Fertilizer Awards - View the winners videos for each awards category below
Thank you to everyone who has nominated themselves, companies or colleagues for an award. We're delighted to have received such a fantastic response from many deserving companies and individuals who have gone above and beyond.
Congratulations to the winners:
Women Entrepreneurial Inspiration Award - Sponsored by OCP Africa
- This award recognises women who have demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and driven positive change in agribusiness.
- Sandra Kavira Tawitemwira of the Democratic Republic of Congo
Supply Chain Partnerships Award - Sponsored by Ma'aden
- This award recognises companies or individuals that can demonstrate they have built meaningful and successful partnerships in the fertilizer supply chain to deliver efficiencies, overcome logistical or financial challenges.
Agro-dealer and Farmer Outreach Award - Sponsored by Evergrow
- This award recognises companies or individuals that have shown commitment to engage with agro-dealers and farmers to improve access, affordability and use of fertilizers through outreach program, education or collaboration.
Tech Innovation in Agriculture Award - Sponsored by United Fertilizers Company Limited
- This award recognises technology in its broadest sense, whether that be in the context of fertilizer use, soil health, agri-inputs, communications, transportation or any other technology that adds value to the fertilizer industry and the people that work in it.
Covid-19 Resilience Award
- This award recognises companies or individuals that have responded to the global pandemic in a manner that has maintained or improved access and availability of fertilizers in tough circumstances.
- Yara's "Action Africa" initiative