The global olefins market is diverse and can be affected by a number of factors. Strong demand for each olefin and key derivatives continues, with propylene growth slightly above ethylene, while butadiene supply is structurally short. Growth is led by the global polymers industry, with rates above GDP-type performance, and the strongest growth in emerging countries.
But what factors are at play here, what risks might be involved, and how will you know what to look out for now and in the future?
With more than 125 combined years of global petrochemical experience, including more than 60 years directly in the olefins and polymers sector, Argus’ experts will help you determine what trends to track and how to stay competitive in today’s ever-changing global markets.
2018 annual reports now available
ARGUS Butadiene Annual 2018This detailed strategy report analyses the long-term outlook for international butadiene markets, including assessments of supply, demand and trade by region and country.
ARGUS Ethylene Annual 2018This report includes production, consumption, capacity and trade data for ethylene and its derivatives from 2013-22 as well as major findings about costs and investments.
ARGUS Olefins and Polymers Consulting Services
Improve your understanding of the ethylene, propylene, polymers and butadiene markets and devise strategies for success with tailor-made research performed by Argus’ in-house experts.
- Obtain independent insights: The Argus Consulting Services team builds from the latest market data to provide unique insight.
- Get local and global perspectives: We provide “boots on the ground” knowledge gathered through our extensive local and global network of more than 75 dedicated consultants with experience across multiple industry sectors.
- Utilise our end-to-end viewpoints: Our consultants track feedstocks (such as LPG, naphtha) and all key derivative products so that you have a completely integrated view of how your business fits into the marketplace.
- Data you can trust: Our forecasts are based on our comprehensive database of historical and current information and our daily engagement in the market. We do not purchase data, so our short- to long-term forecasts are more solid and dependable and are essential for quantifying investment risk for you.
- See scenario-based forecasts: We present you with scenario-based forecasts for supply, demand and market prices, so that investors can evaluate returns based on different potential future market directions. You also get to choose scenarios that you believe are most likely to occur.
- Find the answers you are looking for: Argus consultants advise you on how to formulate your strategies whenever and wherever you need it.
Key customisable features
- Market studies
- Price analysis and forecasting
- Supply, infrastructure and logistics strategy
- Investment and transaction support
- Policy and regulation
Global markets covered
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Customers that benefit
- Government agencies/regulatory bodies
- Professional services
- Investors/private equity
- Trading organisations/financial services