The gas and LNG markets are undergoing significant change, bringing about opportunities and challenges for many across the industry. Key developments faced by our clients include:
- Gas’ role in the transition to low-carbon economies, particularly in the power, transport and industrial sectors
- Sourcing alternative gas pipeline or LNG supplies as domestic production declines
- Supply diversification incentivising the buildout of LNG infrastructure and providing fuel switching opportunities for users
- An increasing range of LNG sourcing and contracting models available to existing and emerging buyers
- Evolution of gas trading hubs and pricing mechanisms changing the optionality in purchasing agreements
Argus Consulting helps market participants grasp opportunities and overcome the challenges with tailor-made research and solutions.
Global gas project experience
Argus Consulting uses the wealth of data available to the organisation to deliver client-specific engagements across the energy sector. Our consulting team, who have many years’ experience in the oil and gas and petrochemicals industries, combine the extensive sector fundamentals and pricing information available within Argus with a comprehensive knowledge of gas and LNG markets.
Our extensive proprietary database gives us a unique view on price levels, trends, correlations, cyclicality and regional differentials. This enables us to provide you with a unique insight into the effect that new production volumes could have on market prices and the feasibility of an investment strategy.
We track production and consumption trends worldwide and combine the data with fundamentals modelling to provide medium and long-range forecasts for future supply-demand balances, import requirements, volume placement opportunities and analysis of the impact of changing market dynamics.
Whether it’s by pipeline, rail, truck or sea, our analysts track the routes, costs, constraints and challenges of moving commodities. Our familiarity with the market ensures we factor variables such as bottlenecks into our delivery cost analyses, resulting in a more accurate financial assessment and giving us the ability to anticipate the logistical challenges facing new projects.
Our extensive knowledge of local and global infrastructure, including capacities and constraints, ensures that we can advise you on the best and most practical logistical options for getting commodities to target markets effectively.