The premier metals event for Aluminium, Magnesium, Silicon & Manganese professionals
Argus European Light Metals took place in Düsseldorf, Germany, from 3 - 4 November 2015.
Click here to see who attended
At the request of the industry, Argus Media launched this two day event, which brought together global industry executives involved with light metals, including Aluminium, Magnesium, Silicon metal and Manganese. At such an important time of year, the conference provided the perfect platform for delegates to meet and conclude business, while offering the opportunity to learn how the markets will evolve over the coming years.
With the consolidation of the silicon market, and magnesium prices in China at an 11 year low, this conference attracted traders, producers and consumers, to address the impact of these market developments, and the broader influence of the aluminium alloy industry. The manganese metal market was also covered, with a focus on supply dynamics and steel industry consumption trends, while experts in the scrap market discussed growth patterns in secondary aluminium.
"The round table discussions worked very well and I enjoyed the opportunity to have a fireside chat... "
"The conference which was very well organised, I would say one of the best I have been to so far. That says something after almost 4 decades in this business."
"I found the event to be very useful and very well organised"
|The event was useful - I achieved my objectives and gained new insight and contacts in the industry.
Euro Manganese Inc
Attendees benefited from:
- Participation in the only event to offer a unique chance to identify opportunities across the Aluminium, Magnesium, Silicon metal and Manganese metal industries
- Key information from senior decision makers, enabling delegates to make informed business decisions
- Roundtable sessions in an intimate and informal setting - posing contextual questions to an industry thought-leader
- Insights on the issues affecting the aluminium alloy consumers, and how they will have a knock on effect on their businesses
- Learning about new developments in consumption markets, which will affect the supply/demand balance of Light Metals
The two day agenda covered the individual metal markets supply / demand balance and future outlook, key drivers and challenges in the markets, as well as the future of consumption for light metals.
Agenda Highlights included:
- Aluminium alloys in the automotive industries
- Magnesium alloys in the aerospace industry
- The global aluminium market – a macroeconomic look at trade flows and the current market outlook
- Aluminium alloy consumption changes and how these affect the demand for light metals
- The Chinese magnesium market and exports into Europe
- Current developments in Silicon production outside of China
- The future of Mangonese metal consumption and the knock on effect on manganese price
- The aluminium recycling market and how scrap movement affects primary aluminium production
If you have any questions about Argus European Light Metals or would like information on next year's event, please contact us:
+44 (0) 20 7780 4341