ARGUS North American Fertilizer
The Argus North American Fertilizer service is your trusted, reliable source for weekly fertilizer market intelligence.
This service gives you the sharpest market analysis and pricing information for the North American fertilizer markets. Published weekly on Thursdays, the report offers a dependable and transparent source of index-quality price assessments for regional and site-specific terminal hubs.
- Nitrogen (granular and prilled urea, UAN, ammonium nitrate and ammonium sulphate)
- Phosphates (DAP, MAP)
- Sulphur and sulphuric acid
- More than 45 assessments, ranging from established import benchmarks to key regional hubs
- Barge freight assessments to 17 river destinations
- Analysis of markets for natural gas, the key feedstock for nitrogen. In-depth coverage of crop fundamentals, from weather to the futures market
- Insight into relevant international market developments
- Downloadable market data including for US ammonia exports, the US granular urea import line-up, US ammonia imports, US MOP imports, Canada/US MOP exports via vessel, US solid urea imports and US urea imports by port district
Customers that benefit
The Argus North American Fertilizer service is a valuable tool for traders, importers, suppliers, distributors and others. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Domestic and international producers and trading companies leverage Argus fertilizer pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending. Traders involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when negotiating trades and contracts. Our price assessments provide domestic and international businesses with supply certainty at sustainable prices.
- Banks leverage Argus fertilizer pricing and analysis as they provide financing to businesses supporting the advancement of the agri-business.
- Co-ops and wholesalers sell large quantities of fertilizers to farmers and retail outlets and depend on Argus price assessments and market data, including transportation and logistical information.
- Retailers rely on Argus fertilizers pricing and market assessments for price negotiations in the distribution of products through domestic retail outlets.