The Argus Sulphur service is your trusted, reliable source of weekly sulphur market intelligence.
This service provides the sharpest market analysis and pricing information for the world sulphur markets, and is a trusted and transparent source of key prices for industrial and fertilizer sulphur markets.
Published weekly, the Argus Sulphur service includes 12 key sulphur contract price ranges, both monthly and quarterly, as well as 13 sulphur spot price ranges. Provided by our global, dedicated team of experts, the report covers global industry news and commentary, with analysis of sulphur market developments and consequent price movements. The pricing is leveraged in formulas for actual contract pricing for spot and term deals and is an important reference for price negotiations.
- Formed sulphur, both granular and prilled
- Crushed lump sulphur
- Molten/liquid sulphur
- Key sulphur industry price assessments (12 sulphur contract price ranges —monthly and quarterly — and 13 spot price ranges)
- Market and price analysis
- Market-moving news
- Historical data
- Market-appropriate methodology
- Freight trends
- Downloadable market data, including sulphur deliveries to Jorf Lasfar port, sulphur spot deals and sulphur deliveries to Indian ports
Customers that benefit
The Argus Sulphur service is essential reading for players connected to the international sulphur market, in both the fertilizer and non-fertilizer industries. These include producers, end-users, shippers, traders, planners, analysts, finance officers and government departments. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Fertilizer market participants use sulphuric acid for the production of phosphate fertilizers and are dependent on our international sulphur and sulphuric acid market reports and pricing analysis.
- Phosphate-producing companies either buy sulphur and produce sulphuric acid, or simply buy sulphuric acid. Ammonium sulphate companies require sulphuric acid to make their product.
- Petroleum refineries rely on our market reports and pricing analysis when they sell sulphur that is a by-product of crude oil refining. Sulphuric acid is used to wash out impurities in gasoline and other refinery products in petroleum refining.
- Sulphuric acid producers are interested in the report as it allows them to track the feedstock sulphur market and the sulphuric acid market.
- Traders of sulphur and sulphuric acid rely on our service for market intelligence.