ARGUS Sulphuric Acid
The Argus Sulphuric Acid service is your trusted and insightful source for weekly intelligence about global sulphuric acid and its related markets.
This weekly service provides key global price assessments and analysis for sulphuric acid used in the fertilizer and industrial markets. Provided by our global, dedicated team of experts, the service publishes 13 spot and contract price assessments, as well as analysis and commentary on market developments, sales and trade statistics. It includes tables detailing global sulphuric acid plant shutdowns and spot freight indications for 11 key trade routes.
The service’s fundamentals section analyses the impacts of metals and sulphur supply, and demand from leaching projects and fertilizers.
- Market pricing and commentary for 13 spot and contract pricing hubs
- Import/export statistics and shipping data
- Fundamental analysis and updates on global sulphuric acid plant shutdowns
- Freight assessments for key seaborne routes, including spot freight indications for 11 key trade routes
- Market-appropriate methodology
- Downloadable market data including Japanese sulphuric acid exports, the Jorf Lasfar sulphuric acid vessel line-up, global sulphuric acid shutdowns and curtailments, South Korean sulphuric acid exports, US sulphuric acid trade, Brazilian sulphuric acid trade data, and the Indian sulphuric acid vessel line-up
Customer that benefit
The Argus Sulphuric Acid service is essential reading for all players in the global sulphuric acid market. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Fertilizer producers are dependent on international sulphuric acid market reports and pricing analysis, as sulphuric acid is an important component in phosphate fertilizer production. Sulphuric acid is also used in ammonium sulphate and NPK (nitrogen, phosphate and potash) production.
- Sulphuric acid producers, including metals smelters and sulphur-burners, use the report to track global price movements and trade flows and to evaluate new opportunities. The report provides valuable data to assist decision-making.
- Sulphuric acid traders get vital and timely insight to assist trading decisions. The report tracks real-time vessel movements and provides timely updates on breaking news, new sales, and supply and demand disruptions.
- Industrial users and mining operators utilising acid leach processes use the report to understand prices and trade flows. Sulphuric acid is a key raw material for pulp and paper production, pigments, rubbers and specialty chemicals, and ethanol among a wide variety of industrial uses.