ARGUS Brazil Motor Fuels (ARGUS Combustíveis)
The Argus Brazil Motor Fuels service, formerly the Argus Etanol Brasil service, is a unique daily service published in Portuguese that provides readers with price coverage and market analysis of the Brazilian ethanol market.
Brazil is the world’s second-largest ethanol producer and consumer and its market has become more sophisticated and complex over the years.
Our ethanol price assessments for Brazil’s centre-south and northeast regions are the most transparent and reliable pricing tool currently available for contract indexation, market analysis and risk management. They are developed in conjunction with industry participants to reflect real trading behaviour.
- Anhydrous and hydrous ethanol traded in the centre-south and northeast of Brazil
- Daily overview of the Brazilian ethanol market
- Hydrous ethanol price assessments for Ribeirao Preto and the state of Sao Paulo
- Traded ethanol volumes featured on a price map of the Americas
- Highest and lowest traded prices
- Market commentary
- Industry news
Every Monday, Argus publishes new and exclusive prices for the northeast region, the second-most important producing state in the country.
- Weekly dap Suape price assessments for hydrous and anhydrous ethanol
- Bi-weekly price assessments for hydrous and anhydrous ethanol on a dap Fortaleza and dap Sao Francisco do Conde basis
- Seasonal bi-weekly price assessments for hydrous and anhydrous ethanol on a PVU Pernambuco, PVU Paraiba and PVU Alagoas basis
- Road freight rates and price differentials (21 routes)
- Arbitrage economics between the US and this key consumer market
Every Friday, we publish an expanded report containing the following data and analysis:
- Price assessments for hydrous and anhydrous ethanol in the centre-south region
- Spread between anhydrous and hydrous ethanol in the domestic market
- Comparison between spot and contract anhydrous ethanol
- Road freight rates and price differentials (31 routes)
- Overview of high-low deals and traded volumes in 11 producing hubs in the centre-south region
- Exclusive coverage of the Minas Gerais market, with a production map of micro regions, prices and traded volumes, as well as trusted price assessments for cif Betim and cif Uberaba
- Gasoline and diesel trade flows, market and price analyses and delivered prices for Itaqui, Suape, Santos and Paranagua ports
Customers that benefit
Anyone with exposure to the Brazilian ethanol market will find the Argus Brazil Motor Fuels service essential. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Brokers utilise our pricing in the processing and procurement of fuel and blending.
- Traders involved in the buying and selling of ethanol use our price assessments when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Fuel distributors use our deep and ample coverage to price their products over many injection and withdrawal cycles and to spot the best trading opportunities based on current market spot prices and transport costs.
- Midstream participants keep abreast of prices and volumes traded by producer region, enabling transport and logistics companies to anticipate shifts in local demand and adjust their operations accordingly.
- Mills can rely on the accuracy of our indexes to track current price trends and to help determine at what price they should sell to retailers.
- Banks benefit from our ethanol pricing and analysis to provide financing to businesses supporting the advancement of the industry.
- Financial institutions and risk managers use our data to seize investment opportunities in the Brazilian biofuels sector and conduct due diligence research based on our historical database.