ARGUS Net Zero Europe
The Argus Net Zero Europe report delivers renewable electricity and gas Guarantee of Origin (GO) prices, news, analysis and other trade data, bringing transparency to Europe’s voluntary renewables market for the energy transition.
Achieving net zero is a major consideration for all parts of the economy. Energy producers and traders, utilities, high-volume consumers, retail energy customers and investors are considering means to mitigate exposure to fossil fuels and harmful emissions.
The Energy Attributes Certificates, or GOs, enable the documentation of renewable energy supply through the value chain. The GO acts as a premium to the energy cost, guaranteeing supply originates from a desired source. Argus provides robust prices for the developing GO market, bringing transparency to the trade in green energy premiums.
Energy and Guarantees of Origin
Certificates generated by renewable producers mean that consumers can support existing power and gas portfolios with renewable technology-backed certificates. A unit of energy within the grid can now be matched to a GO, identifying the technology or feedstock, time and location in which a unit of energy was produced.
- EU electricity Guarantees of Origin (GOs)
- UK power Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGOs)
- European and UK biomethane Renewable Gas Guarantees of Origin (RGGOs)
|Previous year||Current year||1 year ahead||2 years ahead||3 years ahead|
|Current compliance period||1 compliance period ahead||2 compliance periods ahead|
|Market and feedstock||Unit||Previous year||Current year||Year 1||PA code|
|UK RGGO crop||£/MWh||✓||✓||✓||0034193|
|UK RGGO waste||£/MWh||✓||✓||✓||0034195|
|Denmark BMC crop||€/MWh||✓||✓||✓||0034197|
|Denmark BMC waste||€/MWh||✓||✓||✓||0034199|
For more information on the power and gas guarantee of origin prices, please see our key prices pages:
Customers that benefit
- Renewable electricity and biomethane producers and sellers can use Argus’ prices to evaluate portfolios, for planning, and for benchmarking supply agreements.
- Guarantee of Origin traders and market analysts can manage risk, develop trading strategies and benchmark trades using Argus’ prices.
- Energy-intensive industrial consumers can develop GO-backed feedstock strategies, manage risk and purchase supply linked to the price assessments.
- Independent references can help renewable investor and financial institution portfolio development and management. The independent prices can aid informed decision-making during the energy transition.
- ESG-minded industrial and commercial business can track market developments and look to negotiate supply agreements with a view on current Argus-published GO prices.
Related market reporting
Argus publishes reports covering several related markets. The reports contain prices, news, analysis, deals data and physical market data for the following:
- European natural gas
- European electricity
- European biofuels
- European emissions
- Hydrogen and future fuels