ARGUS Steel Feedstocks
The Argus Steel Feedstocks service is your single, reliable source of daily ferrous market intelligence.
This service gives you the latest accurate, unbiased pricing and reporting from global ferrous markets, including coking coal, iron ore, ferrous scrap, steel and relevant freight rates.
It also offers key indexes used and trusted around the world. Customers in Australia, Colombia and the US rely on our coking coal prices, along with iron ore customers in China and ferrous scrap customers in the Atlantic basin.
- Access to the Argus Metals platform, your dedicated, global platform: Receive the very latest market reporting from around the world, quickly and conveniently
- Track your markets, your way: Effortlessly track, compare and set up alerts for your key prices and markets
- Perform in-depth analysis, quickly and easily: Use powerful analytical tools such as custom graphing, the Argus Alloy calculator and more
- Access comprehensive market data and downloads: Examine extensive raw data files, with currency and unit conversions
- Receive daily market reporting and intelligence: Get key headlines, insightful commentaries and pricing snapshots delivered to your inbox
- Get full market clarity: Stay up to date with the what, where and why via continuous, expert, global coverage
- Iron ore fines: Seaborne and China portside, ICX and PCX flagship suites
- Coking coal: Premium hard, semi-soft, PCI and met coke
- Scrap prices: HMS, shred and more at global import and benchmark lynchpin sites
- Key domestic and export ferro-alloy prices across multiple regions
- Metallics: pig iron, multiple locations
- Semi-finished products: Billet and slab
- Finished steel products: Hot-rolled coil (HRC), rebar, wire rod, billet and more
- Dry bulk freight rates
- More than 150 global price assessments
- A global service with teams in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe and the Americas
- Exchange data available from the LME, CME Group’s Comex and Nymex, and SHFE
- Breaking news from the world’s ferrous markets, wherever you are
- Incisive analysis of key developments and their market impact
- Independent, transparent and trusted methodology
Customer that benefit
The Argus Steel Feedstocks service is global in focus and offers powerful analytical tools, making it the essential intelligence service for ferrous metal professionals. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Manufacturers using carbon and stainless steel in manufacturing processes use our market data to index scrap shipments back to mills for recycling.
- Government officials, such as those in Colombia, use the Argus Steel Feedstocks service for mining royalty collection, valuing royalty and tax payments for coking coal exports.
- Coking coal producers use the Argus Steel Feedstocks service's price data to index sales contracts to the market, ensuring their customer agreements are durable over time and resilient in volatile markets.
- Iron ore producers index sales contracts for iron ore to world markets using our price data, ensuring their offtake agreements are always priced correctly.