Argus European Diesel 10ppm Price Assessments
Argus diesel prices for long range cargoes in Europe
Trade flows into Europe are changing as the region seeks to replace the diesel that used to be supplied from Russia. With increased flows from further afield, the region’s imports are increasingly long-range cargoes.
Argus price assessments capture the value of long-range 2 (LR2) diesel cargoes for the two key trading hubs in Europe, providing much-needed transparency into this evolving market.
Argus publishes independent price assessments that capture a range of cargo sizes and destinations in Europe, enabling you to navigate the market, manage risks and make well-informed decisions.
Cargoes ranging 90,000-100,000t:
- Diesel 10ppm LR2 cif ARA (PA0037627)
- Diesel 10ppm LR2 cif West Med (PA0037628)
Cargoes ranging 30,000-60,000t:
- Diesel 10ppm cif ARA NWE (PA0035655)
- Diesel 10ppm cif West Med (PA0036419)
Advantages of the Argus Restricted Origin Diesel price assessment
Argus is the first and only price reporting agency to provide a benchmark price for the LR2 (90,000-100,000t) cargoes that are expected to make up the majority of imports coming from the Middle East and Asia.
Get a snapshot of our European diesel prices each week, direct to your inbox. Sign up here.
Argus Open Markets for European Diesel
Bringing even more transparency to the market, Argus Open Markets (AOM) for European Diesel provides a platform for companies to place bids and offers and to initiate trades, allowing you to see the market as it develops in real time.
This information is also used to further inform Argus diesel price assessments.
See the Argus European Products price methodology here
Who uses Argus diesel price assessments?
- Traders - Connecting diesel suppliers with buyers across and within regions
- Refineries - Needing a value of non-Russian diesel to understand how to maximise value for their refineries and the economics to underpin their production decisions
- Producers - Companies attempting to sell their diesel production into Europe from further afield
- Analysts - Needing a pricing tool for this ‘new pricing structure’
- Risk managers - Needing to limit or remove financial risk in case of further sanctions on non-Russian diesel and diesel of any origin
- Procurement managers - Buying diesel for their businesses
- Sales and pricing managers - Needing fair and reflective price levels in supply contracts to set when selling diesel downstream
Request more information