ARGUS Asia-Pacific Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves
The Argus Asia-Pacific Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool used to support investment and trading decisions in seven crude grades and more than 10 refined product markets across Asia-Pacific.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. The Argus Asia-Pacific Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves service provides deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
- Basrah Light
- Upper Zakum
- Fuel oil (180cst, 380cst)
- Gasoil (0.25pc, 0.05pc, 0.005pc, 0.001pc)
- Gasoline (92R, 95R, 97R)
- Crack spreads
- Inter-product spreads (Regrade, Visco)
- Daily assessments for seven crude grades, providing monthly, quarterly and yearly granularity of forward prices
- Time-stamped at 4:30 p.m. Singapore time, in alignment with Argus’ physical settlement price assessments
- Includes comprehensive differentials such as crack spreads, regrade and viscosity for deeper coverage
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options: Your choice of data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
A proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Mark-to-market (MTM) accounting
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude contracts
Customers that benefit
The Argus US Refined Products Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to North American products. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Airlines use US refined products curves when making fuel hedging decisions.
- Refineries use curves to inform hedging decisions when securing crude oil supplies and to analyse margins at their facilities.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and for mark-to-market purposes for daily profit and loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.