Argus Asia-Pacific Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves
An Argus risk data service, published daily
Deriving from Argus’ extensive crude and product market data, Argus Asia-Pacific Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves reflect real commodity market activity and represent fair market values.
The new service provides an independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions, allows for management of exposure to price volatility and provides independent data for use in calculating value-at-risk and mark-to-market accounting and financial statements preparation.
Argus uses swaps market data reported by market participants and Argus’ proprietary cash market indices and assessments, in addition to proprietary models and algorithms, to arrive at the forward prices.
Argus covers seven crude grades and more than 10 refined products, including gasoline and naphtha.
See complete list of markets covered
- Daily assessments for seven crude grades, providing monthly, quarterly and yearly granularity of forward prices
- Time-stamped at 4:30 p.m. Singapore time, in alignment with Argus’ physical settlement price assessments
- Includes comprehensive differentials such as crack spreads, regrade, viscosity etc. for deeper coverage
- Delivery options include: Email, FTP data feed and third-party delivery partners
Argus Asia Crude and Refined Products Forward Curves Applications
- Mark-to-market accounting
- Potential future exposure
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude contracts
Read the methodology of Argus Asia-Pacific Crude Oil Forward Curves
Read the methodology of Argus Asia-Pacific Refined Products Forward Curves
Contact your local office