ARGUS Hydrogen and Future Fuels
Insights to stay ahead of developments in hydrogen
Hydrogen plays a core role in the trajectory to a carbon-neutral world, and the Argus hydrogen and future fuels service can help you navigate your net zero transition more efficiently.
The constant changes in the energy sector are inevitable. The role of hydrogen (H2) as a critical non-fossil fuel source has been established. Argus offers a reliable, independent and consistent source of information on the decarbonised hydrogen industry.
The hydrogen and future fuels service includes a suite of calculated cost indexes, in-depth analysis, and real-time global news within a single online platform. You will have access to updates on policy, technology and corporate activities to give you the transparency and precision you need to harness the potential of hydrogen energy. Please review the short video below to find out how you can access data and market intelligence on hydrogen through the easy to use interactive Argus Workspaces platform.
Watch the video to learn more
Argus serves you with timely, dependable market data, enabling confident strategic decision-making for hydrogen-focused projects.
You will gain access to:
Hydrogen and ammonia cost indexes:
Get full access to an extensive suite of indexes that clarify the cost of hydrogen and ammonia produced via production routes of various carbon intensity.
Hydrogen market intelligence:
Gain a better understanding of the role carbon emissions play in different methods of producing hydrogen. Stay informed about market changes, demand, production capacity and the cost of varying production paths.
News and analysis:
Critical questions about energy production using hydrogen need trusted answers. Access expert-led reports on hydrogen as a fuel source and historical news, and extensive cost-data archives to get the information you need.
Understand details about the various hydrogen production processes, their respective carbon emissions and the role different production paths play in helping you achieve your net-zero targets.
Insight for companies in:
- Decarbonising ‘hard-to-abate’ sectors: Gain insight into the cost of decarbonising existing operations, whether your operations are refining, fertiliser production or hydrogenation
- Industrial heat: Hydrogen can substitute existing fossil-fuel sources for process heat used in the preparation or treatment of materials, whether minerals, metals, glass or food preparation
- Power generation: Coal-fired power plants can substitute decarbonised ammonia for coal while gas-fired power plants can mix hydrogen with natural gas
- Oil and gas: Low-carbon teams are being set up to diversify hydrocarbon-based product portfolios. With hydrogen a critical product that can be produced from renewable assets, the report focuses on the fuel alternatives they are considering developing. They need to understand how to produce, store and transport hydrogen and other non-fossil fuel products
- Financial markets: A clear, comprehensive view on a sector with a total addressable market of $250bn by 2030. Evolving costs, manufacturing and production capacity, through to corporate activity
- Hydrogen technology companies: Everyone is an expert in their domain – the Argus hydrogen and future fuels service provides expert coverage across the chain, from abated fossil-derived hydrogen, through renewable-fed electrolysers
- Diesel substituting industries: Whether construction firms (distributed power), data centres (back-up power), or mining firms decarbonising logistics chains, the service provides critical decision-making information
- Marine fuels markets: As firms look beyond LNG for decarbonising fuel supply, the service provides information on hydrogen, ammonia and eMethanol, within the context of energy volume and efficiency
- Facilities and H2 plants: They produce hydrogen and use varying technologies such as electrolysers and CCUS. They require information to understand how demand for hydrogen changes if the process of producing it has a larger carbon footprint
- EPCM service providers: Gain real-time information on when sectors lean into hydrogen, to more accurately focus marketing on peer companies
Explore more content
Hydrogen’s role in power generationUncover the gaps between hydrogen and electric generation and how H2 can help decarbonise the power generation sector.
Hydrogen and Future Fuels Insight: ElectrolysisElectrolysis is paving the way for Green H2 and energy efficiency. Learn about the recent developments in hydrogen production and the costs associated.