ARGUS Polyurethanes Services
The journey from base chemicals such as propylene or benzene to end-use polyurethanes involves multiple steps and chemical products. Argus can help you to navigate this complex and volatile value chain and make better commercial decisions around sales, marketing, distribution and procurement.
Argus’ polyurethanes services give you in-depth global and regional pricing insight, including feedstock analysis, in single, concise and integrated reports. In addition to pricing, you get access to global industry news and analysis of key economic drivers on a weekly basis. We cover isocyanates, propylene oxide, propylene glycols and polyols.
Argus Isocyanates is a weekly global market reporting service providing price data and market analysis for PMDI, MMDI and TDI.
Argus Propylene Oxide and Derivatives is a weekly global market reporting service providing price data and market analysis for propylene oxide, propylene glycols and polyols.
Global markets covered
- Oil-related feedstocks: crude, naphtha
- Key base chemical precursors and co-products: benzene, toluene, chlor-alkali, propylene, styrene, MTBE, glycerine
- Propylene oxide
- Propylene glycols
- Mono propylene glycol (industrial)
- Mono propylene glycol (USP/EP)
- Polyether Polyols
- Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI)
- Polymeric MDI (PMDI)
- Monomeric MDI (MMDI)
- Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI)
Customers that benefit
- Upstream base chemical manufacturers, supplying to producers of isocyanates, propylene and derivatives
- Polyurethane foam manufacturers, including flexible, rigid, and spray foam
- Producers of MDI, TDI, propylene oxide, propylene glycols and polyols
- Traders and distributors moving product intra and inter regionally
- System houses looking to buy isocyanates or polyols and produce unique blends for a specific customer/application
- Isocyanates involved in sectors including construction, comfort, automotive, appliances, CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers), Wood Composites, Binders, Thermoplastic Polyurethanes
- Propylene glycols involved in sectors including antifreeze/coolants, unsaturated polyester resins, flavours and fragrances, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage
- Polyols involved in sectors including construction, comfort, automotive, appliances, CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers), Wood Composites, Binders, Thermoplastic Polyurethanes
- Chemical equity analysts covering listed companies active in the polyurethanes industry, ranging from the producers of polyols to major construction companies
Argus’ in-depth data and insight are delivered by experts across the value chain, from wellhead to warehouse, located in 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres.