As a provider of critical information to the commodities and energy markets, Argus takes business continuity and the health and safety of our employees seriously. Given the rapid spread of COVID-19 we want to share with you the Argus business continuity plan.
- All Argus data is backed-up in real-time on two different regions of a cloud infrastructure. The system has automatic failover between regions.
- All Argus offices have two diverse routed internet connections and automatic failover. These connections were recently upgraded.
- Argus takes the approach that any Argus employee should be able to work from anywhere at any time. Consequently, all systems are accessible through secure connections.
- Argus maintains staffing levels that allow for all roles to have overlapping coverage by one or more employees. We are constantly reviewing the organisation for single points of failure and taking corrective actions.
- During a situation such as the COVID-19 virus, Argus can operate on alternate shift basis which protects our business from a single catastrophic event. We also have the capability of delivering our services with all of the workforce working remotely.
- In the case of an extreme regional crisis, Argus is will move critical work to other offices in other regions.
Procedures and Processes
- In the event of possible exposure to the COVID-19 virus, an employee is immediately quarantined for 14 days. Additionally, any other employee who has come in contact with the potentially exposed employee is also quarantined for 14 days.
- If someone who is exposed to COVID-19 enters an Argus office, depending on the potential exposure, procedures are in place for the entire office to be closed and sanitized.
- Travel has been sharply curtailed at this time. All employee travel and the travel of their cohabitants is reported to minimize the risk of exposure.
- All offices have implemented elevated hygiene processes. These include extra cleaning offices, additional social distancing and training for employees.
As the environment evolves, Argus continues to review our policies and procedures as well as comply with any directives from governments and health agencies as the situation evolves. We are committed to the safety of our employees and to continuing to deliver high quality products and services to our customers during this challenging time.
Adrian Binks, Chairman and Chief Executive