- Morning coffee and networking
- Chairperson’s opening speech Richard Kewish - SVP, Technology, Argus
Enhancing a new age of digital technology
- Keynote address: Building and improving your overall digital strategy Marcos Pavlick Abech - Digital Change Manager, Braskem
- Dealing appropriately with change management
- How digitalisation can make your company more resilient in a volatile world
- Integrating external digital solutions into your own systems
- How to be cleverer and innovative with data systems
- What best practices can we learn from other industries?
- Keynote panel discussion: What digital technologies and applications are available for the chemical industry? Learning best practices and understanding the challenges faced EY, Braskem, Indian Oil Corporation
The panel of expert speakers will explore new digital technology trends, including in the chemical industry, including SAP systems, transport management systems, AI, cloud, and cyber security. Hear panel members discuss their own experiences, the hurdles to look out for, what has worked, and what hasn’t
- How can we drive digital change within a business successfully?
- What has the scale of projects looked like, and how is this managed?
- What alternative channels are there in the marketplace?
- How does the complexity of the chemical value chain hinder implementation?
- What techniques have been tried and tested in the past and have not been successful?
- What main hurdles do we need to clear to put together a successful strategy?
Frank Jenner, Managing Partner and Global Chemicals Industry Leader, EY
Panellists include:Marcos Pavlick Abech, Digital Change Manager, Braskem
Mathew George, General Manger, Petrochemical Sales, Indian Oil Corporation
Anna Navarro, IT Project Manager, Port of Tarragona
- Morning coffee and refreshments
- Digital transformation without accurate data is a hallucination Rich Katz - President, Elemica
- Needing data that is connected, cleaned, and linked from all disparate sources to be successful
- Using technologies that enables on-boarding new suppliers/carriers/ customers from months to minutes
- Looking for a better approach to achieve end-to-end visibility
Case studies – exploring digital success stories
- Port case study: Transforming the port’s operational environment by implementing digital technologies Sander Rijsdijk - Director Bulk Cargo & Shipping, Port of Rotterdam
- Helping the industry increase end-to-end visibility and reach supply chain efficiencies
- Using digital technologies to host connecting ships in the future and improve traffic management
- Networking lunch
- A view from an engineering angle: The importance of data and work process standardisation, enabling data utilisation from engineering to operation and asset maintenance Claus-Peter Hälsig - VP Process & Technology, FLUOR
- Using the right tools to analyse and manipulate the data
- The benefits of using a standardise approach to understand your data
- How virtual reality can aid material handling and smooth operations
- Moving to a new marketplace for chemical trade and business to business transactions Bharat Bhardwaj - CEO, GoBuyChem
- Afternoon coffee and networking
Working group sessions
- Working group sessions - Led by: Sumitomo Chemical, AELER Technologies and GoBuyChem
Join a table of 10-15 attendees and discuss in small groups the specific digital technologies that will enhance manufacturing and the supply chain. Led by a thought leader in the industry
Working group 1:
Finding real innovative, concepts and solutions to improve customer experience and the value chain
Led by: Henning Schussmuller, Senior Manager, Supply Chain and Logistics, Sumitomo Chemical
Working group 2:
How to reduce risk using real-time monitoring and AI in flexitank transportation
Led by: Naïk Londono, Co-founder & CEO, AELER Technologies
Working group 3:
The rise of eCommerce and the impact on chemical distribution
Led by: Bharat Bhardwaj, CEO, GoBuyChem
- Working group leaders’ conclusions
- Chairperson’s closing remarks Richard Kewish - SVP, Technology, Argus
- Networking drinks reception
- Close of conference day one
Increasing transparency across the supply chain
- Keynote case study: Creating value for customers by increasing efficiencies across the supply chain and in the manufacturing process Wolfgang Laures - EVP, Supply Chain, Perstorp
- Increasing transparency for customers through integrated systems
- Using digital technologies and data for customers to access information in real time
- How to manage complexity in a smart way
- Key challenges in setting up a digital and integrated value chain
- Case study: Creating end-to-end visibility across the supply chain Ian Brown and David Edge - Director, Supply Chain EMEA, Univar and Transport Systems, Univar
- Implementing a coordinated transport management system to improve transparency and cost control
- Using digital solutions across various functions
- Overcoming the main hurdles to digitalising the supply chain
- Morning coffee and networking
- Panel discussion with live polling: Exploring the need to increase visibility across the supply chain Chemours, Sumitomo Chemical Europe, Univar
- What are the main drivers for digitalisation within the supply chain?
- What are the challenges to implementing a transport-management tool?
- How can digitalisation improve transparency in logistics and networks?
- What opportunities are there with track and trace?
- How can we best integrate new software for a smooth transition?
Annemie Wagemans, Logistics Manager Europe, Middle East and Africa, Chemours
Henning Schussmuller, Senior Supply Chain and Logistics Manager, Sumitomo Chemical Europe
David Edge, Manager, Transport Systems, Univar
Improving your decision making through digital manufacturing
- Power case study: Using a digital strategy to improve flexibility and efficiencies at the power station Marc Ostendorp, Peter Struckmann - General Project Manager and Director, Asset Risk, Uniper
- Investing in digital technologies to improve efficiencies
- Using tools for condition monitoring and preventive maintenance
- Innovative solutions for customer service
- Chairpersons closing remarks Richard Kewish - SVP, Technology, Argus