ARGUS Asia-Pacific Crude Oil Forward Curves
The Argus Asia-Pacific Crude Oil Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool used to support investment and trading decisions in seven crude grades across Asia-Pacific.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. The Argus Asia-Pacific Crude Oil Forward Curves service provides deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
- Basrah Light
- Upper Zakum
- Daily assessments for seven crude grades, providing monthly, quarterly and yearly granularity of forward prices
- Time-stamped at 4:30 p.m. Singapore time, in alignment with Argus’ physical settlement price assessments
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options: Your choice of data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
A proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Mark-to-market (MTM) accounting
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude contracts
Customers that benefit
The Argus Asia-Pacific Crude Oil Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to Asia-Pacific crude oil. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Exploration and production companies use our curves services to determine commitments for the coming fiscal year.
- Refineries use curves to inform hedging decisions when securing crude oil supplies and to analyse margins at their facilities.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and for mark-to-market purposes for daily profit and loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.