For highly engineered or proprietary metals where it is not practical to assess the spot market, there is still a need to understand the current value of these commodities for material cost planning or scrap valuation. The Alloy Calculator allows you to calculate the intrinsic value of any alloy using the vast library of Argus raw material price assessments as the basis for input costs.
Identify the current market value of secondary materials — what percentage of the original value will you get back on post-production scrap? Understand its current value so that you can achieve the highest recovery value for your scrap.
Advantages of Alloy Calculator
- Powerful tool for creating should-cost estimates for highly-engineered materials that are manufactured to your company’s specification and for which there is no spot market to assess
- Provides a mechanism for calculating the current scrap value of your custom material by formulating a price based on the intrinsic value of its ingredients
- Not just useful for alloys, any combination of materials can be used to create a synthetic indicative price
- Retains history of your custom-built price for performance analysis over time
- Compare the cost of substitute materials or vary the composition of raw material percentages in your alloys to detect the best material qualities at the lowest cost
- Create multiple versions of your custom alloy in different currencies and units of measure to detect cost advantages
- Calculate the total cost related to production of alloys, including fixed costs — such as freight, transportation or any other known costs or discounts. Determine the cost of a finished product using Argus’ assessed metal prices as a variable cost and user-provided fixed costs for melting, processing and finishing.
- Eliminates the need to constantly update external spreadsheets with current raw material costs to calculate your overall exposure – costs shown are always the most up-to-date values.
Call today and let us show you how the Alloy Calculator can help you plan, manage and anticipate complex variable material costs.