ARGUS/Coalindo Indonesian Coal Index Report
The Argus/Coalindo Indonesian Coal Index Report service delivers key physical market benchmarks for Indonesian coal trading.
The service features the Indonesian Coal Index (ICI), the leading coal price reference used by Indonesian coal buyers and sellers, as well as the Indonesian government for spot trades, tax calculations, financial and investment analysis, strategic reporting and production planning. The ICI is also used to compute the Indonesian domestic coal price.
Offering a balanced and consistent assessment of the market, the ICI is constructed using independently surveyed market prices on a 50pc Argus and 50pc Coalindo basis. Both methodologies involve regular and independent participation by buyers, sellers and intermediaries.
The ICI is jointly produced by Argus and PT Coalindo Energy and is available exclusively in the Argus/Coalindo Indonesian Coal Index Report service.
- Access to Argus Direct: Receive the very latest market reporting, quickly and conveniently
- Track your markets, your way: Effortlessly track, compare and set up alerts for key prices and markets
- Compare key prices and trends: Use powerful custom graphing to directly compare multiple prices
- Access comprehensive market data and downloads: Examine extensive raw data files, with currency and unit conversions
- Market-centered methodology: Argus assessments reflect the way the markets trade and are calculated with market-tested methodologies
- Trusted data: Use ICI data for physical and financial coal contracts, including for royalty payments and other applications
Indonesian coal grades:
- GAR 6,500 kcal/kg (ICI 1)
- GAR 5,800 kcal/kg (ICI 2)
- GAR 5,000 kcal/kg (ICI 3)
- GAR 4,200 kcal/kg (ICI 4)
- GAR 3,400 kcal/kg (ICI 5)
- Weekly average Indonesian coal indexes
- Monthly ICI averages
- Coal grade specifications for fob Kalimantan
- Reference graphs on competitive trends compared with South African and Australian coal (Argus fob Richards Bay and fob Newcastle)
- Price assessments based on internationally traded spot physical markets
- Market-appropriate methodology
Customers that benefit
The Argus/Coalindo Indonesian Coal Index Report service is an essential source for anyone involved in the Asia-Pacific coal market. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders involved in the buying and selling of coal use ICI prices as accurate and impartial references when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Mining companies looking for financing use the ICI for market data and prices when creating the next stage of their business plans.
- End-users such as power plants, cement plants and industrial and manufacturing facilities gain insight on their costs by using ICI prices.