ARGUS Caspian Transportation
The Argus Caspian Transportation service includes a Russian-language report that provides essential coverage of the transportation markets in central Asia and the Caspian region.
The swift development of infrastructure and commodity markets in the region has boosted the importance of price information and analysis for market participants, who are looking to improve their transport operations, choose the best shipping options and respond promptly to market activity.
The report covers bulk and dry cargo shipments including crude and oil products, coal, metals, fertilizers, petrochemical products and LPG.
- Transportation market in central Asia and the Caspian region
- Monthly lease rates for railcars, including tankcars, open wagons, boxcars, tankcars for petrochemical products and LPG, as well as hopper cars in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Georgia
- Monthly freight rates for tanker shipments of crude and oil products and bulk shipments of metals
- Fuel shipments by tanker trucks in Afghanistan
- Key data on rail shipments in central Asia, covering changes in rail tariffs, statistical data on shipments of coal, petrochemical products and fertilizers, as well as analysis of trade flows and information on rail congestion and other fundamentals
- Transport tariffs and other export costs
- Transport and associated costs for pipeline shipments of crude from Kazakhstan through the Caspian Sea, Russia and China
- Tariff policy of pipeline companies and effective rates for export deliveries
- Assessment of demurrage costs at Caspian ports
- Benchmarking of different routes for dry and liquid bulk cargoes
- Oil product import data for Kazakhstan by railway, transit of oil products through Okarem, transshipment of crude and oil products in Georgian ports, rail transit of oil products through Kazakhstan to central Asia, shipments to and from Caspian ports
- Transportation costs for crude exports from Kazakhstan (including shipments through Samara), Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, and for exports of fertilizers
Customers that benefit
The Argus Caspian Transportation service provides a comprehensive look at how best to move product and maximise efficiency. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Shipping and forwarding companies use our price assessments to calculate freight rates for crude cargoes.
- Cargo owners and suppliers to Tajikistan and importers use these price assessments to substantiate their prices before Tajik customs authorities.
- Terminal operators use Argus data to track cargo traffic and validate their rates for cargo handling.
- Traders and importers use our assessments of Russian-Kazakh border prices as reference prices from Russian sellers and Kazakh buyers of oil products.
- Regulators and customs authorities use the information to assess customs duties on oil products imports.
+7 495 933 75 71