ARGUS Fertilizer Africa
The Argus Fertilizer Africa monthly service is the leading and most trusted source of pricing, market insight and regulatory developments for the growing and increasingly strategically important African fertilizer market.
The service provides commentary and pricing by market segment (such as nitrogen, phosphates and NPKs) and by country, covering the entire African continent, from the relatively developed northern, western and eastern regions to central and southern Africa, providing valuable insight on opaque markets. The service puts Africa in a global context and covers the market as both a key consumer of fertilizers and raw materials for fertilizer production.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Fertilizers: Nitrogen, ammonia, phosphates, potash, NPKs, sulphur and sulphuric acid
- Countries: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique, Madagascar, Ghana, Guinea, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, DR Congo, South Africa and Namibia
- 25 fob, cfr and domestic interior pricing points for major fertilizer products
- Analysis of individual country markets, including tenders, demand and agricultural developments
- Key sales and trade flow information
- Regular news on vital regulatory developments, such as import tariffs, subsidy programmes and support of local blending production
- Details on local production shutdowns, ramp ups and maintenance
- Trade and price data presented in an easy to digest graphical format
- Local logistics at ports and border crossings, plus key seaborne freight rates
- Seasonal tables for key markets
- N, P and K global context
- Africa NPK tenders
- Morocco ammonia imports
Customers that benefit
The Argus Fertilizer Africa service’s subscribers include global fertilizer producers, traders, raw material producers, logistics companies, bulk blenders (vitally important in the African sector), wholesalers, retailers, co-operatives, financial institutions, global and regional NGOs, fertilizer associations (national, regional and international), inspection companies and freight brokers. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and trading firms use Argus’ fertilizer pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending. Traders involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when carrying out trades and contracts. Our price assessments provide domestic and international businesses with accurate, authoritative and methodologically tested certainty on which to base their decisions. They also provide subscribers with a reliable number for indexation in long-term contracts, as well as a tool for market analysis and benchmarking.
- Financial institutions, NGOs and industry associations use our service to shed light on an often ill-understood and opaque region, from the state of the fertilizer sector itself to how national governments run their fertilizer markets, the degree of private sector participation and how subsidy and regulatory authority is implemented.
- Not-for-profit organisations use our publication to gain a better understanding of how global fertilizer markets work, when is the best time to tender and whether the prices they receive in tenders are representative of market forces.