Argus Media Limited Modern Slavery Statement
This statement has been published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. It sets out the steps taken by Argus Media Limited and its group of companies* to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and amongst our suppliers. It applies to the financial year ended 30 June 2019.
Introduction from the CEO
Slavery, servitude, forced labour and human trafficking ("Modern Slavery") should have no place in the modern world. We have a responsibility to be alert to the risks of Modern Slavery in our business and amongst our suppliers and to do whatever we can to eradicate them.
This statement sets out the steps that Argus Media Limited and its group companies ("the Argus Group") have taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in our business or amongst our suppliers.
Argus' structure and business
We are a provider of news and price information, consulting and conference services related to physical energy and other commodities. Argus Media Limited is the parent company and the Argus Group has offices globally in key centres for the commodity markets. The ultimate parent company for the Argus Group is Fleet Topco Limited and all the entities within the group structure adhere to this statement.
The Argus Group policies include our global compliance policy, which sets out our ethical code on a number of matters, including Modern Slavery. This emphasises that we have a responsibility to do whatever we can to eradicate Modern Slavery in our business and amongst our suppliers. Additionally, our whistle blowing policy encourages staff to report any concerns (extending to Modern Slavery), confidentially and in the knowledge that every matter reported will be fully investigated.
All Directors have been briefed on the subject of Modern Slavery.
Working with our business and suppliers
We are committed to doing what we can to ensure that there is no Modern Slavery in any part of our business, or amongst our suppliers. As an information provider, we consider our own business low risk due to our internal checking processes and the skill level of employees and consultants we typically engage.
We have therefore focused on our suppliers. Some suppliers in certain areas - such as our conference business, where we routinely hire hotels and function rooms - do pose some risk because suppliers in those areas may rely on seasonal, low paid and low skilled workers.
Actions taken in 2018/2019
This year, we have:
- continued to develop the Risk function which includes the area of Modern Slavery;
- recruited a KYV/KYC Officer to help manage our supplier management system and approval processes;
- continued to require warranties and assurances when contracting with suppliers in our higher risk categories about their current and future actions to eliminate Modern Slavery and human trafficking; and
- continued to raise awareness amongst staff who deal with suppliers, of the issue of Modern Slavery and the approach taken by us.
Plans for 2019/2020
In the coming year we plan to continue to develop our plans for working with our suppliers to combat Modern Slavery. We will also be further developing our global staff compliance training programme, which includes Modern Slavery training content.
We plan to introduce a new online platform to enhance our customer and supplier approval processes, which will increase the quality of our supply chain due diligence, and to introduce a policy statement to share with our suppliers, outlining our approach to Modern Slavery.
This statement is approved by the board of directors of Fleet Topco Limited.
*Note — Group Companies
- Fleet Topco Limited
- Fleet Finco Limited
- Fleet Midco Limited
- Fleet Midco I Limited
- Fleet Midco II Limited
- Fleet Bidco Limited
- Fleet U.S. Bidco Inc.
- Argus Media Inc.
- DeWitt & Company Incorporated
- Argus Media Limited
- Argus Media South Africa Limited
- Argus Media Mexico Price Reporting Services, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Argus Media Mexico Price Reporting Group, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Argus Media Australia PTY Limited
- Argus Media Benchmark Administration B.V.
- Argus Media Netherlands B.V.
- Argus Media Singapore Group Pte. Ltd.
- Argus Media Canada Ltd.
- Metal-Pages Limited
- Argus Media (Russia) Limited
- Integer Research Limited
- FMB Consultants Limited
- Fertilizer and Chemical Consultancy Limited
- FMB Publications Limited
- Argus Media Brasil Relatórios de Preço de Energia e Commodity Ltda
- Argus Media Ukraine LLC
- Argus Media Germany GmbH
- O.M.R. Oil Market Report GmbH
- Argus India Price Reporting Services LLP
- Argus Metal-Pages (Beijing) Information Technology Co., Ltd.