ARGUS Brazil Grains and Fertilizer
This essential service published weekly in English and Portuguese offers detailed coverage and insight into Brazil’s fertilizer and grains markets with 74 key prices.
Argus Brazil Grains and Fertilizer analyses trading opportunities, crop prices versus key NPK blends, import trends, fundamentals data on grains production and provides expert commentary on the latest market developments.
The weekly report includes 17 truck freight route assessments for fertilizer and four assessments for grains from Brazil’s largest grains producing state Mato Grosso to main transshipment and export channels.
- Nitrogen, including urea, sulphates and nitrates
- Phosphates, including MAP, DAP, TSP and SSP
- Phosphoric acid
- Phosphate rock
- Sulphuric acid
- Freight and port costs
- Comprehensive market coverage and inland prices for the country’s main agricultural regions
- 17 cfr Brazil prices
- 11 domestic price assessments, including five benchmark NPKs
- 11 international freight assessments
- Domestic logistics (17 road freight routes for fertilizer, 4 road freight routes for grains, port cost assessments and vessel line-ups for seven major terminals: Rio Grande, Paranagua, Sao Francisco do Sul, Santos, Vitoria, Aratu and Itaqui)
- Brazilian barter system (agricultural products exchanged for NPKs)
- Demand fundamentals applied to main agricultural products: soybean, corn, sugarcane, coffee and cotton
- Exclusive news and analysis on market investments and strategy, mergers and acquisitions, output and crop performance, financial results, events and legislation updates
Customers that benefit
The Argus Brazil Grains and Fertilizer service is dedicated to comprehensively covering the Brazilian grains and fertilizer market. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- International and domestic fertilizer producers benefit from Argus fertilizer pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending.
- Banks and trading companies utilise Argus fertilizer pricing and analysis as they provide financial resources to businesses supporting the advancement of agribusiness. Traders involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Blenders, wholesalers, retailers and co-operatives rely on Argus price assessments and market data, including logistical costs, to sell large volumes of fertilizers to farmers and retail outlets.
- Grains exporters rely on Argus road freight rates in main export and transshipment routes to calculate destination and export parity prices.