概要
アーガスでは世界各地におけるエネルギーの海上/河川輸送のフレート、パイプライン、鉄道輸送などの物流におけるデータサービスを提供しております。2020年から施行される船舶燃料の硫黄規制によって、どのような変革および構造改革がなされるのか盛んに議論されるに至っています。旧来の船舶用重油に対する需要の後退、および低硫黄軽油に対する需要の増加が予見されるなか、今後の船舶燃料がどのような方向に進んでいくのか今後の戦略立案に資する情報サービスを提供しております。
フレートサービスはタンカー、ドライバルク、ガス市場の貿易フローをカバーする3つの専用サービスで構成されています。各サービスは毎日のフレートインデックス、業界最新ニュース、市場分析、独占コンテンツを提供します。コモデティ価格と輸送コストをつなぎ、サプライチェーン全体像の把握を支援します。
Latest freight news
To unearth the true insights needed to make confident decisions, you need access to data, price assessments and analytical tools to manage freight risks.
Saudi Aramco VLCC exits Gulf through Hormuz
Saudi Aramco VLCC exits Gulf through Hormuz
London, 19 August (Argus) — A very large crude carrier (VLCC) laden with Saudi state-controlled Aramco crude loaded at Mideast Gulf ports has passed through the strait of Hormuz and is destined for Sohar, Oman, according to ship tracking data. This is probably the first Aramco cargo to pass Hormuz in August. The Singapore Prosperity , owned by South Korea's Sinokor, loaded 301,000t of crude at the Saudi ports of Ras Tanura and Juaymah, Kpler data show. It broadcast an automatic identification system (AIS) signal on 17 August near Juaymah and then went 'dark' before reappearing today near Fujairah, UAE. The VLCC is now broadcasting Sohar as its destination, where the cargo could be transferred ship-to-ship (STS). Aramco recently offered prompt cargoes of Arab Medium and Arab Heavy crude grades to several Asian customers loading on an STS basis at Sohar. Three more Sinokor tankers loaded Aramco crude in August, according to Kpler data: Malaysia Prosperity , Algeria Prosperity , and Bulgaria Prosperity . Their locations are unclear, as none has sent an AIS signal in the past week. These loadings mark a rebound in Aramco's Mideast Gulf exports, which collapsed in mid-July after the expiry of the US-Iran memorandum of understanding. Exports are recovering as shipments from Saudi Arabia's Red Sea port of Yanbu appear to be disrupted by the Yemen-based Houthi militant group. The Houthis have claimed attacks on eight Saudi-linked tankers around the Bab el-Mandeb strait at the Red Sea's southern entrance. Although Aramco chief executive Amin Nasser said this has not affected Aramco's export capacity , Kpler data show crude exports from Yanbu fell to about 15.8mn t in July, down by 6.6pc from 16.9mn t in June. Exports so far in August are around 3.8mn t, according to Kpler. Strait threat Singapore Prosperity passed through Hormuz at a time of elevated threats to shipping, with strikes on at least five ships in the past week . The UAE accused Iran of targeting two vessels affiliated with state-owned Adnoc last week. Iranian parliamentary speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said on 18 August that the strait will remain closed until the US fulfils commitments made under the now-expired ceasefire agreement signed in June. By Leonard Fisher-Matthews Send comments and request more information at feedback@argusmedia.com Copyright © 2026. Argus Media group . All rights reserved.
Hormuz closed until US delivers on MoU pledges: Iran
Hormuz closed until US delivers on MoU pledges: Iran
Dubai, 18 August (Argus) — Iran will keep the strait of Hormuz closed until the US fulfils commitments made under the now-expired ceasefire agreement signed in June, parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said on Tuesday. The memorandum of understanding (MoU), signed on 18 June, set a 60-day deadline to negotiate an end to the war, reach a deal on Iran's nuclear program and ensure safe passage through Hormuz. The agreement included provisions for the US to begin easing economic and sanctions pressure on Iran. The deadline expired on Monday. The MoU collapsed in mid-July after weeks of disputes over control and administration of the strait, during which Iran targeted several vessels and the US reinstated its naval blockade. "As we predicted, the enemy, who accepted the memorandum to end the war out of desperation, soon reneged on its commitments in order to compensate for its heavy political defeat," said Ghalibaf, who has led the Iranian negotiating team. Hostilities in the region have subsided after an intensification in the weeks after the MoU's collapse, but Iran has continued attacks on shipping , restricting vessel transits through Hormuz. Only 12 vessels crossed the strait on 16 August, eight inbound and four outbound, according to maritime security firm Windward, compared with well over 100 daily crossings before the war began in late February. Ghalibaf said the strait "will not reopen until the US commitments in the memorandum, including lifting the blockade, releasing the frozen assets, lifting the oil embargo, ending the threats and military operations on all fronts, and other conditions that the US committed to." By Nader Itayim Send comments and request more information at feedback@argusmedia.com Copyright © 2026. Argus Media group . All rights reserved.
Adnoc vessel attacked by Iran in Hormuz: UAE
Adnoc vessel attacked by Iran in Hormuz: UAE
Singapore, 17 August (Argus) — A vessel owned by UAE state-controlled oil company Adnoc came under attack while transiting the strait of Hormuz, the UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) said on 15 August, accusing Iran of carrying out the strike. Adnoc separately confirmed that one of its vessels was attacked on the evening of 14 August while transiting the strait. Neither Adnoc nor the UAE's MoFA reported any injuries as a result of the incident. The attack was the latest in a series of incidents involving Adnoc vessels and marked the third such event in about a week. The UAE had also linked Iran to two earlier incidents . The latest incident brings the total number of Adnoc vessels struck to 19. The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) on 15 August also issued a report that an unnamed bulk carrier was struck by an unknown projectile which hit the vessel's hull. It was not immediately clear whether the reports referred to the same incident. Neither the UAE nor UKMTO provided additional details. The UAE said it "condemned and denounced" the attack on Adnoc's ship, and reiterated its call for Iran to cease what it described as unprovoked attacks, halt hostilities and reopen the strait of Hormuz. By Sean Lui Send comments and request more information at feedback@argusmedia.com Copyright © 2026. Argus Media group . All rights reserved.
US threatens indefinite blockade on Iran: Update
US threatens indefinite blockade on Iran: Update
Adds details on President Trump's territorial claim to strait of Hormuz Washington, 14 August (Argus) — President Donald Trump is threatening an indefinite naval blockade against Iran — and a US territorial claim on the strait of Hormuz — marking a new approach to pressuring Tehran. The US resumed its naval blockade against Iran a month ago, seeking to ratchet up economic pressure on Tehran following the collapse of a short-lived ceasefire deal. Trump on Wednesday said the US had "total control" over the strait of Hormuz and might "keep it", even as Iran continues attacking passing ships. On Friday, Trump escalated his rhetoric at an event in New York. "After we finish defeating Iran, which is being very badly defeated, pretty soon I'll be declaring the Hormuz strait a territory of the United States," Trump said. Those remarks come as the Trump administration prepares to unveil new economic sanctions against Iran next week, while pledging to maintain a naval blockade against Iran indefinitely. "We can hold it as long as we need to. Indefinitely," US defense secretary Pete Hegseth said Thursday. The growing prospect of indefinite war marks a shift from earlier in the conflict, when Trump kept claiming that a US victory was only weeks away. Trump has been claiming "total control" over the strait of Hormuz, while saying that Iran's ability to threaten vessels will diminish because the country is "totally broke". Iran also claims to have control over vessel traffic through the strait. "The strait of Hormuz is closed. Our control over all movements is complete and decisive," Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corp Navy commander Ali Azami posted on X on Thursday. Iran is using sporadic drone and missile attacks to curtail traffic through the strait. The UAE on Friday said Iran had attacked two vessels affiliated with state-owned oil company Adnoc as they were transiting the strait of Hormuz. Such attacks may be nearly impossible for the US to stop, absent a massive escalation in the war or a ceasefire deal, analysts say. "There's no simple solution to it," Hudson Institute senior fellow Michael Doran said at an event the Washington-based think tank hosted on Thursday. "We have a messy conflict, which is going to be with us for many, many months, and probably years to come." The threat of indefinite war has created a tricky political environment for Republicans heading into the midterm elections on 3 November. On Friday, Trump said consumers currently paying an average of $4/USG for gasoline in the US should remember that that higher price is providing a "great service" for the world. "For you to pay a tiny little bit more for your gasoline, just remember you're doing it so that a very evil country cannot have" a nuclear weapon, Trump said. Trump administration officials say crude exports out of the Mideast Gulf are higher than would appear from available ship tracking data. US energy secretary Chris Wright said pipelines are exporting 6mn b/d, while tankers are exporting 8mn-9mn b/d through the strait of Hormuz. "In round numbers today, 14mn-15mn b/d are leaving the Arabian Gulf region, versus the 20mn b/d pre-conflict," Wright said Thursday in a Fox News interview, referring to the Mideast Gulf. "So we're short 4mn-5mn b/d from this region, but it's much smaller hole than people think it is." By Chris Knight and Charlotte Bawol Send comments and request more information at feedback@argusmedia.com Copyright © 2026. Argus Media group . All rights reserved.
Spotlight content
Browse the latest thought leadership produced by our global team of experts.
Explore our freight products
The Argus advantage
Our people
Our dedicated team of industry professionals are close to local markets, so you benefit not only from precise pricing data, but the breadth of market intelligence at their fingertips. Data alone - no matter how accurate - is not sufficient.
Methodologies
The unique market insights that our clients benefit from are founded upon proven methods. Our methodologies for price discovery are transparent and firmly based on rigorous market-appropriate processes.
Heritage
For over 50 years, clients have benefited from the precise market intelligence delivered by Argus experts working collaboratively across the global commodity markets.



