Argus RED marine biodiesel indexes
These prices are published daily in Argus Biofuels and Argus Marine Fuels reports.
Price assessment details
What are the advantages of the Argus RED marine biodiesel price assessment?
Argus B24 (UCOME) dob Algeciras-Gibraltar
- Blend: 24pc used cooking oil methyl ester (UCOME) and 76pc very low-sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO)
- Daily spot price assessment on a delivered-on-board (dob) basis for the Mediterranean ports of Algeciras and Gibraltar.
- Assessment input comes from both buyers and sellers to ensure a robust and accurate market price
Argus B30, B100 (Advanced Fame 0) dob ARA
- Blend: B30 (Advanced Fame 0) dob ARA represents 30pc Advanced Fame 0 and 70% VLSFO while B100 is 100pc Advanced Fame 0.
- Published daily, the suite of prices is inclusive of HBE-Gs (Dutch bioticket) deductions, storage, throughput and barge costs.
- All prices in this suite are inclusive of ticket deductions and logistical costs as above.
Argus B30 (UCOME) fob ARA
- Blend: 30pc UCOME and 70pc VLSFO
- Published daily, this price is free-on-board ARA and can be used for counterparties trading barges in NW Europe.
How are these price assessments used?
Contracts: shipping companies, bunker suppliers and traders can use these prices in term contracts, spot contracts and to inform contract negotiations. They can also be used by organisations for internal transfer pricing
Risk management: companies buying UCOME,FAME and VLSFO for blending can use this independent index for mark-to-market valuations
Optimisation: refiners, traders and bunker suppliers selling marine biodiesel can identify shortages and oversupply to manage production and maximise profits
Analysis: Marine biodiesel prices can be used to monitor the evolving premium to conventional bunkers and as an input for price forecasts
Explore our marine fuels products
Argus Marine Fuels Outlook
A unique monthly report bringing valuable insights from the conventional and alternative marine fuel markets together in one place.
Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves
Independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions for global bunker fuel markets.
Key price assessments
Argus prices are recognised by the market as trusted and reliable indicators of the real market value. Explore some of our most widely used and relevant price assessments.