ARGUS Marine Fuels Forward Curves
The Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service is an independent market valuation tool used to support investment, risk management and trading decisions for companies involved in the bunker fuels markets. Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service provides price transparency for companies involved in the bunker fuels markets.
Argus forward curves are built from unbiased and transparent industry-specific methodologies, producing market representative values that are free from distortion. This data and deep market insight support effective risk management to benefit your bottom line.
- Gulf coast fuel oil 0.5%
- NY Harbor fuel oil 0.5%
- NY Harbor marine gasoil 0.5%
- NY Harbor residual fuel oil 1%
- Gulf coast residual fuel oil 3%
- Fuel oil 0.5% NWE
- VGO 0.5% NWE
- Marine gasoil 0.1% NWE
- Fuel oil high-sulphur cargo NWE
- Fuel oil low-sulphur NWE
- Fuel oil high-sulphur 380 cst Singapore swap
- Singapore high-sulphur 380 cst fuel oil bunker delivered
- Singapore low-sulphur fuel oil 0.5% bunker delivered
- Singapore marine gasoil 0.1% bunker delivered
- Fuel oil bunker 0.5%S 380 cst Zhoushan
- Fuel oil high-sulphur 380 cst Fujarirah
Daily assessments for multiple marine fuels, providing a rolling 24 month view of monthly forward prices
Time-stamped using the appropriate market’s daily settlement time; Singapore, London and New York
Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
Delivery options: Your choice of data feed, our third-party partners, Argus Direct, Excel Add-in or email
How clients use our data
A proven, reliable tool for risk-management and analytical processes, including:
- Mark-to-market (MTM) accounting
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude contracts
Customers that benefit
The Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to global bunker markets. Below are examples of how clients use this service:
- Vessel owners use our forward curves to determine fuel costs and commitments for the coming fiscal year and to make informed hedging decisions when securing fuel supply.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and for mark-to-market purposes for daily profit and loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves as a reference when entering the market.