ARGUS Global Waxes
The Argus Global Waxes service is your trustworthy source of monthly global wax supply and demand updates.
This monthly market service provides comprehensive price coverage and key insights into the transitioning wax market, through a combination of domestic price assessments and extensive fundamentals analysis. It is the only true global wax report published by a price reporting agency, embedding regional markets into a global context for its readers.
- Asia-Pacific spot price assessments for fully- and semi-refined paraffin wax, fob north and south China bulk liquid and slab and feedstock slack wax, and fob Thailand bulk liquid
- Europe spot price assessments for fully-refined low-, mid- and high-melt paraffin wax and slack wax, delivered northwest Europe bulk liquid
- US spot price assessments for fully-refined low-, mid- and high-melt paraffin wax and slack wax, fob US Gulf coast bulk liquid
- Market and price analysis, including overviews of the month’s market activities in Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Americas
- Import and export volume and price information for paraffin, microcrystalline, and natural waxes and candles
- Comprehensive crude oil, feedstock, and base oil coverage
- Global Group I base oil and wax refinery maintenance and shutdown table, providing guidance for present and future supply availability
Customers that benefit
The Argus Global Waxes service is an indispensable resource for marketers and consumers of petroleum, natural and synthetic waxes. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders use wax valuations to identify potential arbitrage opportunities to improve profitability. A historical database allows detailed analysis of seasonality and geographical pricing behaviour.
- Producers use Argus’ assessments to determine the most profitable markets. Our detailed information on specific market supply and demand balances and imports help identify regional pricing trends.
- Wax and industrial manufacturers rely on our fundamentals analysis and statistical data to understand market trends and plan for their business cycles.
Request more information