ARGUS Voluntary Carbon Markets
The single source of Voluntary Carbon Markets intelligence
Argus Voluntary Carbon Markets covers prices, news and developments to empower you with confidence in your negotiations, trading and purchase of carbon credits.
For professionals invested in the voluntary carbon market and carbon-compensated physical commodities, Argus Voluntary Carbon Markets (AVCM) provides an independent third-party reference with uniquely detailed and credible price assessments. AVCM provides assessments of specific project types, with breakdowns by geography and vintage, with the credibility of the assessments assured by employing a purely editorial process backed by well tested methodology and global reach of Argus to all major energy and commodities markets.
Exchange-traded contracts (spot & futures) OTC market prices
- Renewable energy
- Clean cookstoves
- And other prices
- National-level news and policy developments
- Market overview – Key registry data on issuance, retirements, and project pipeline. Highlights and table of prices covering exchange-traded contracts
- Market prices – Argus price assessments by project type with market reporting specific to each segment
We can provide critical data for your net zero transition
A clear view of projects most relevant to you
Single source of data
- Easily navigate price assessments by project types to refer to in your negotiations that are used as a basis for long-term contract negotiations
- Get a complete view of projects pertinent to a particular type of carbon credit you are developing.
- Get a good understanding of market dynamics and news relevant to your market
- Obtain specific prices required for internal reporting.
Cost and time saving
- Save time on manual input of internal markets with fast and easy access to our suite of price assessments
- Accurately value credits without relying on internal calculations, have confidence in the correct price reference and save on cost
Key customers that benefit
Carbon TraderQuicker and easier price negotiations depend on accurate, reliable and trusted price assessments. In that case, as a carbon trader faced with negotiation difficulties, you need insight into the traded market price or market developments in the particular type of credit you typically buy or are negotiating. Argus's voluntary carbon market report gives you access to the correct price reference to refer to in negotiations which can be used as a basis for long-term contract negotiation.
Market Risk TeamsSuppose you rely on a set of price assessments that enable you to accurately and specifically value the credits held by the trading team, which causes you to adopt unusual processes and rely on internal calculations. Argus voluntary market report gives you a suite of price assessments you can use to reduce the process of manual inputs resulting in less friction and improved workload efficiency.
Carbon Credit SalesAs a carbon credit sales manager, you cannot refer to specific price references on the particular carbon credit you are developing because of the lack of accurate and comprehensive price assessments. As a result, you are unable to find the best price possible for spot sales. Argus’s voluntary carbon market report gives you access to a complete suite of price assessments more specific to your project type, ultimately helping you facilitate negotiations and generate demand.
The Methodology: Argus Voluntary Carbon Markets
Argus’ editorial-led methodology and unrivalled access to the primary sources of the prices and market information help professionals invested in the voluntary carbon markets reduce risk and make better-informed decisions.
To review the report, register for complimentary access to the Argus Voluntary Carbon Markets service.
Request more information