ARGUS Biomass Markets
The Argus Biomass Markets service is your leading publication for the international wood pellet, wood chip and palm kernel shell sectors.
Argus provides you with the most convenient way to access prices, news and analysis for the global biomass industry. We work closely with market participants to help develop biomass indexes to facilitate trade and risk management.
Argus Biomass Highlights
Access our monthly round up of key news and insights for the global biomass markets with this complimentary newsletter.
- Spot industrial wood pellet prices: Cif northwest Europe, fob Portugal, fob Baltic, fob Vietnam and cfr South Korea
- Spot premium wood pellet prices: del northern Italy
- Spot wood chip prices: Cif northwest Europe
- Spot palm kernel shell prices: Fob Indonesia
- Wood pellet and wood chip forward prices
- Wood pellet freight rates for key trading routes from North America, Portugal and the Baltic into northwest Europe
- Up-to-the-minute news and analysis on events shaping the industry
- Freight rates and spark spread tables
- Independent, transparent and trusted methodology
- Complimentary weekly price bulletin report outlining Argus’ physical direct-market coverage
Customers that benefit
The Argus Biomass Markets service can give insight to anyone with exposure to power generation and combined heat and power (CHP) generation, or with an interest in environmental legislation. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and suppliers use the Argus Biomass Markets service's prices to fully understand market trends and determine which markets to target and when it is most profitable to adjust production.
- Buyers, sellers and end-users of biomass need unbiased market news and use the insightful commentary when making business decisions.
- Traders and brokers involved in the buying and selling of biomass refer to Argus international prices when negotiating trades and contracts.
- Utilities find our astute analysis helpful for forward planning and when making decisions on fuels.
Request more information