ARGUS Seaborne Coal Outlook
The Argus Seaborne Coal Outlook service provides timely and reliable monthly forecasts for the thermal and metallurgical coal markets.
Over the past few years, global seaborne coal markets have been transformed, with radical changes in absolute prices and major changes in trade flows. Volatility has been difficult to manage and price risk has been significant.
This comprehensive monthly service provides clients with the information needed to assess and better understand these ever-changing markets. It provides valuable forward-looking analysis for key markets in both the Atlantic and Pacific basins.
Explore the report
This service has been expanded to include metallurgical coal and more price forecasts.
- 6,000 kcal/kg benchmarks — cif ARA, fob Richards Bay, fob Newcastle, fob Puerto Bolivar
- 5,500 kcal/kg benchmarks — fob Newcastle, fob Richards Bay, cfr South China, cfr India
- 5,800 GAR, 5,000 GAR, 4,200 GAR fob Indonesia
- Fob Australia low-vol and mid-vol coking coal, PCI and semi-soft prices
- Fob US east coast high-vol A and high-vol B
- Key price forecasts
- Seaborne supply and demand forecasts for key importers and exporters for the next two years
- Monthly in-focus analysis piece
- Analysis of inventories, consumption and domestic production in major markets
- Up-to-date export and import data
- Information needed to understand current shifts and the changes ahead for the thermal and metallurgical coal markets