The Argus Potash service is your reliable and proven source for global potash market intelligence and independent, highly accurate coverage of prices, the latest deals and market moving news.
The service enables market participants to make informed business decisions by delivering up-to-date intelligence on international trade in potash, insightful commentary and timely coverage of global market developments and consequent price movements. The service includes over 30 price assessments and nine freight assessments.
Developed by our global dedicated team of experts, the service reflects a consensus of informed market opinion on weekly prices and market developments.
- MOP weekly
- NOP (when available)
- Key potash industry price assessments
- Regular news, commentary and analysis from our teams based in all regions across the world
- Market and price analysis
- Forward-looking analysis including a 30 to 60-day outlook
- Market-appropriate methodology
- Freight trends
- Key export and import data, and analysis of stock levels in key markets
- Extensive use of graphics, maps and visuals to help digest key information
Argus proprietary datasets
- Canada/US MOP exports via vessel
- US MOP exports
- Brazilian MOP exports
- Historic trade data
Benefits of choosing Argus
- Robust methodology providing fair and accurate pricing information
- Compliance and auditing to ensure reliability (externally through PWC)
- Global editorial coverage, with reporters on the ground in key markets, the US, Russia, Brazil, India, southeast Asia, China and more
Customer that benefit
Subscribers to the Argus Potash service include:
Major producers, co-operatives, agricultural associations, export organisations, state-owned and private-sector buyers, traders, risk managers, planners, analysts, finance officers, governments, regulators and stock market analysts.
Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and trading companies leverage Argus’ fertilizer pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending. Traders involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when carrying out trades and contracts. Our price assessments provide domestic and international businesses with supply certainty at sustainable prices.
- Banks and financial institutions leverage Argus’ fertilizer pricing and analysis as they provide financing to businesses, supporting the advancement of the agri-business.